High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What do you weld with ?

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
11:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 110821 View attachment 110822 View attachment 110823 View attachment 110824 View attachment 110825 Hobart 170 mig, Lincoln stick and Lincoln 100 mig. Fixing to build an HHO torch, also have a Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter. Am now building a capacitor discharge spot welder for repairing thrust reverser SS insulation blankets, see photos. Purchased the unpopulated boards and programmed processor. The electronics were designed by Fritz Geyser, I designed the enclosure, purchased all the components, cut all the holes and placed them all, populated the boards then wired everything. The display shows the fully adjustable pulse 1 and 2 for timing and voltage settings. This is an 800 watt 25 volt CDSW, a very useful and versatile electronic devise.
I need to come hang out at your place, and see if some of those smarts will rub off on me...

Last edited:

J & L Creations

Machine Design
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I need to come hang out at your place, and see if some of those smarts will rub off on me...

Thanks for that Matt, but really the smart guy would be the designer of the electronics,

Fritz Geyser @ https://frikkieg.blogspot.com/,

I just followed his/others lead. Quite a few people have built this CDSW. Only I’m not using it for the same purpose others are, most are using this devise to either repair or build Lipo, lithium ion battery packs for battery operated tools, computers, welders, electric cars or what ever else a Lipo, lithium ion battery will/could operate. Many people are building Lipo, lithium ion battery packs to replace the old Nicad battery packs so they can still use their old Nicad battery drills and such. Of course it would be hard to justify the cost and time invested if all you wanted to do was repair or replace one battery.

Last edited:

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone knows the cost difference running flux core vs mig gas welding.
Mig wire is half the price but ya got to buy gas where flux is double the price and no gas.
Guess you would have to see how many pounds of wire through a mig and then figure it out from ther?

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Millermatic 251
Dial Arc 250
251D
Legend

It’s been a while, but SA-250D.

If not those, then whatever pops hooked up & says try this.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone knows the cost difference running flux core vs mig gas welding.
Mig wire is half the price but ya got to buy gas where flux is double the price and no gas.
Guess you would have to see how many pounds of wire through a mig and then figure it out from ther?

What little Flux Core I’ve been around, Good Flux will typically need a Gas to perform the best.

I like hard wire much better with a tri-blend.

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
10:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score

MIG is much more preferable to flux-core, IMHO. I bought my cylinder from my local supplier for $250, and it's mine. So, after the initial investment, it's only about $50 or so to refill with C25 (argon/CO2 blend in 125 cu ft). The quality of the welds is FAR better than flux core. So much prettier and cleaner. About the only advantage to flux core is slightly better penetration.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
stick it ....flux set up seems a bunch of noise for not much return

Depending on the Application, yes.

Hard wire with a good gas is great for the thinner materials, truck bodies, etc.

If it’s Carbon & Structural, then it’s getting 7018 ‘round Here.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
MIG is much more preferable to flux-core, IMHO. I bought my cylinder from my local supplier for $250, and it's mine. So, after the initial investment, it's only about $50 or so to refill with C25 (argon/CO2 blend in 125 cu ft). The quality of the welds is FAR better than flux core. So much prettier and cleaner. About the only advantage to flux core is slightly better penetration.

Or Welding in the Wind, which is Turrible with a Hard Wire & gas.

Definitely an Inside Procedure.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hooray flux core.
03d9d78818a3c70aebdd39bca831e6d9.jpg

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lincoln SP200 mig. My only regret is that I sold it when I moved from one place to another.
Now looking for another, or something comparable. ;)

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My bottle a little more. It was about 350 and i own it. About 75 last time i filled it 3 years ago or so. Most my welding is outside as i just have a shed not a nice shop so dont use the mig much. Mabe one day get a nice shop lol.

I do need to get it filled so will find out if price went up.

RVALUE

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does anyone know the 10 pin spoolgun diagram for a miller 250x, 2000 model? I sold two spoolguns, and had to get another. I don't know how to wire in the new one (generic). The gun has: Power (obvious) a red wire, two greens that seen to complete the trigger, and a black and white. (which should activate the feed, 24 v?) but where do they go into the machine? Thanks!

J & L Creations

Machine Design
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does anyone know the 10 pin spoolgun diagram for a miller 250x, 2000 model? I sold two spoolguns, and had to get another. I don't know how to wire in the new one (generic). The gun has: Power (obvious) a red wire, two greens that seen to complete the trigger, and a black and white. (which should activate the feed, 24 v?) but where do they go into the machine? Thanks!
I would go to the Hobart weld talk forum for the answer to that. Miller builds Hobart so one of those guys should be able to answer you.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pictures please: I’m not following you.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
035 is a lot of wire for any 110 welder. Try 030 or 023. You might be surprised
as it will weld much better. I have a friend with a nice Miller 110V welder and
was having such a hard time welding with it. He was using 035. He went to 023
and thanked me a million times.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No sweat Lee. There is 029 or 30 wire on the cart for sheet metal. I use a Helium mix. Heat and penetration is never a problem. I don't like 023.

I use the 035 for 1/8-1/4 stuff.