What do you like about your preferred saw/brand

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am seeing a trend here of guys buying from a store that is close to them so they can get parts and service if needed. I completely understand.
Except me, I have a dealer 5 min away but I wouldn't buy from him period! So my next closest is 40 min and they are a Stihl/husky dealer with pretty good prices

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am seeing a trend here of guys buying from a store that is close to them so they can get parts and service if needed. I completely understand.

I'd love that, but unfortunately, they just aren't reliable sometimes. That's why I do the majority of my saw maintenance myself and just acquire parts from whom and wherever I can. I like the guys at the shops, but they'd rather sell you a new saw than help you find a way to fix what you've already got. And, I do get that concept, because from a financial perspective it just ain't worth repairing certain saws. Problem is, some are trying to sell you low-end Chinese produced homeowner saws that are not the equivalent of what you already have. No way I'm giving up a pro saw just because the parts for it cost the same as a new homeowner saw. When they start that mess, I just stop them and head down the road.

But, a good dealer, is a true asset.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Remember when I was little dad bought two well used stihl 041av’s from a local logger for 75$. He cut wood for the next 10 years or so with those saws. Had to quit using because all the holes had been retapped and he couldn’t go any bigger even thought they both still ran. Must have been early 70’s models old stihl symbol and a red top instead of orange.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dealer makes it impossible for me not to do business with him, hes treated me better than good and it just so happens hes a stihl dealer..so it is what it is..I'd buy whatever he sold.
Sell salt to a slug

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sell salt to a slug

He's a terrible salesman, he just takes care of whatever I need whenever I need it and sells me saws at prices that almost make me feel bad.

But that's paid him 10000x over and then some with the business my family has done with him and the people I have sent there..you know...scratch my nuts and I'll scratch yours...

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We do have some really good OPE dealers around here, but once again there is the problem that they close about the time I am getting off work. Besides, my after work time is short enough as it is.