What do y'all do with noodles?

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive quartered up a lot of red oak in the last week. Have quite a bit of noodles. Any harm putting them around the Leyland Cypress trees? How do y'all dispose of them?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I find some comes in handy for starting of a burning up fire so i bag some . Saw chips and noodles compost down nice along with garden green stuff and then i will put that on the veg beds or other places i want a mulch. With big amounts from cutting at the stack i just pile it near and let it rot down .

Last edited:

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
12:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Saw dust candle wax and dryer lint. Mix it up and put it in cardboard egg cartons. Break one off and you have got one hellish good fire starter.

I just pack them in the wax Dixie cups

Most go in the chip box and get dumped with everything else[emoji3]

Firewood guys would puke if they saw some of the wood that gets dumped and turned to mulch

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use them around the base of my citrus trees to keep moisture in and stop weeds. Also use as mulch in pots. They work really well kinda locking together and not getting blown away by wind. I use canola as bar oil so I have no fear of toxic noodles in garden.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
11:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
wad it into balls and coat with paraffin wax to make fire starters, works great if the noodles are seasoned.