High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What did I buy? (China saw content warning)

John B

OPE Member
Local time
9:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
How easy was the parts to get to swap it to a 3/8 72dl

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How easy was the parts to get to swap it to a 3/8 72dl

I ordered a spline clutch (with 325 sprocket) and a small spline 3/8 7t sprocket. You can get the clutch from aliexpress, ebay, Amazon depends how long you wanna wait, same place for the sprocket or you can get an actual Oregon one. You might as well order the clutch tool since it works well and at least mine was stupidly tight. You also need a k095 bar.

John B

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey bud I found the bar and clutch tool not luck on the other would you mind sharing the model number and brand please

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That little fugger is a impressive little guy. feel like it could hang with some 346s. Sure sounds real good tuned nice and sharp like that. Probable a real good setting for limbing. Try maybe a 1/8th fatter on full bar cuts it should have extra torque with the extra fuel..

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think if it had a real zama with the twin ports it would run better for the big cuts. I notice it more with the same carb on my 372, it needs a bit more fuel in the middle of the revs.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lost the top ring yesterday must have split on the exhaust side. It died once Saturday cutting up an oak and took a bunch to restart and didnt feel like it had much compression. Did another tank Saturday then switched to the $6/gal olive oil veggie blend bar oil on Sunday did a tank. It died randomly in that tank too and took a bit to restart. Then filled it with gas it stared turned over twice made a bad noise and locked up. I put the quad transfer to end on it in like 20 minutes. I'll test that unported for a bit then port it IMG_20181021_174134.jpg IMG_20181021_174146.jpg IMG_20181021_174207.jpg IMG_20181021_174224.jpg IMG_20181021_174134.jpg IMG_20181021_174146.jpg IMG_20181021_174207.jpg IMG_20181021_174224.jpg

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol idk if it just got too hot since I was bucking up oak with it and cracked the ring out if the ring got caught on the exhaust port. It was flat from the factory, all I did was raise it and widen it. I did have to run it wfo for a while to do the plunge cut to drop this tree too since it was over 30" at the base and I did the first plunge cut crooked as *f-word.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the new quad transfer top end seems better than the ported dual transfer one. It gets about the same revs, has more torque, and pulls better vacuum on the carb when doing a dry start. I had to give it a half turn more H once it was warned up. I have to check squish to see if this was actually made for the longer stroke crank or not.

Any tips to make it not piss out bar oil when running olive oil? I basically need to drain it when not in use because it'll empty itself in like 2 hours.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried adding ignition advance?
I cannot see that you said anything about it

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did. And it seemed to make more power.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How did you do that? By trimming(not sure if its the right word) flywheel key?

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah My flywheel had a cast in key iirc so I had to file a bit off.

K-techcowboy

OPE Member
Local time
8:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So in the quest to follow ChrisPA's advice on a cheap project I was trying to put a G621 clone so I bought this https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-BULL-20-Bar-Gasoline-Powered-Chainsaw-62cc-Engine-2-Cycle-Chain-Saw/222814864432?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 thinking it was one with slightly different plastics the clutch cover looked way too small to be hiding an external clutch of a G5000 clone. I figured I could buy a 30 pack of top ends kits for $6 each on alibaba and I could try crazy *s-word porting for laughs.

Then when it arrived, sadness, I didnt realize the G5000 clones came as a 62cc.
wOjM1k2.jpg

But the case does kind of look like a G621?
yAMITGT.jpg

And the transfers dont look like the other G5000 clones. I didnt feel like I needed to do anything to them, except they didnt deburr the transfers before chroming it so I did have to hit the transfer with the stone after tapering the ports. You can see the exhaust port was dead flat on the top and all I did was make it as wide as I could to clear the exhaust bolts. The bore is 45mm, which means the stroke must be 38mm if the stated displacement is correct.

jZb0IDa.jpg

Then I just took the flash off the intake elbow and tried to match the carb as well as I could. Throttle plate is like 14mm, venturi looks to m 13mm based off that. This is a WT carb? Theres no casting marks on the carb anywhere besides the junon lable, and really on any part of the saw.

V1KGc5T.jpg

qOAgRVl.jpg

6PGs2zV.jpg

And then I pillaged the ports with my makita die grinder. I tried to turn the rpm all the way down to not take too much out but instead I just bounced around the port and made a mess, learning I guess. All I did to the exhaust was widen it from 25mm to 30mm, the pockets for the exhaust bolts are 35mm apart so thats as wide as I wanted to go. For the intake all I did was widen it the same amount, make the bottom of the port flatter and match the rubber intake boot.

9CRy53H.jpg

gD4iGHM.jpg

CoviOCo.jpg

Muffler was already really open,I wouldnt have ground off the crimp if I could do it again. All I needed to do was make the inlet larger than the exhaust port on the head, and add those holes under the cover. And since I opened the thing up I just drilled out the "baffle" for the sake of it. I kept the bottom bit of crimp and then just tig'ed it back together with no filler and like 20 amps. I also had the belt sand the *f-word out of the flange side so it had a prayer to seal without the gasket, wasnt even in the ballpark of flat.

XU1j0yh.jpg

bIofQ6a.jpg

xJConyL.jpg

So basically I was disappointed as soon as I saw the external clutch, so I didnt time it. I did pull the base gasket and didnt check squish either way, just said *f-word it. Anyways I bought it because a 30" spruce fell across the path in my woods over the winter and it would have taken a month of sundays with my mac3200 to cut that up to move, so I figured I'd use this anyways. I knew the chain would be crap but I didnt want to buy a new chain until I knew exactly what was going to be on it, being a chinese crap saw. Its a 76 link .325 chain by the way. Holy hell, how do you suck so bad at making a chain? It came in a bag that had Oregon graphics on it, looked like the guy didnt give a *f-word grinding it, some of the teeth were burnt, some were not sharpened far enough, and some it looked like he just forgot to hit at all. I got at it with the roller guide and it just got worse. Some of the teeth are so hard the file just skates over them unless you really bear down and work for it, some were so soft that they clogged up the file like they were aluminum, heights were all over the place. After the first tank of 40:1 the damn thing needed to be sharpened on the soft teeth, like yeah they're that bad.

Anyways it actually runs pretty great after leaning it way way out. Oils a reasonable amount out of the box. I actually can't lean on it hard enough to stall it in the wood without using the dogs, which is pretty impressive to me. It seems like it cuts best at a slower speed, I should take a video and use the spectrograph app to figure out the rpm, but it sounds like it drops ~2k rpm from free rev to where it seems happiest when cutting, I bet it would move some serious wood with a non *s-wordty chain.

But here's where the question is, should I change to a 3/8" chain and just deal with having a torque monster saw and lay on it, or is there a carb that uses similar links and has an external impulse line I could fit fairly easily. Linkage and impulse/fuel lines are the big concern since I can 3d print a different intake runner out of nylon or urethane, then I would consider actually timing it, doing math, and changing port timing.
Th stroke is 34 that's a 54.6cc motor

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually tried to run it a couple weekends ago to cut two small dead trees and I couldn't get it to start, even with some brake klean down the intake so I just grabbed another saw. I sprained my hand in the meantime so I've been struggling to take it easy so it can heal, which means I haven't diagnosed it. Totally possible it just didn't want to start in freezing temperatures.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually tried to run it a couple weekends ago to cut two small dead trees and I couldn't get it to start, even with some brake klean down the intake so I just grabbed another saw. I sprained my hand in the meantime so I've been struggling to take it easy so it can heal, which means I haven't diagnosed it. Totally possible it just didn't want to start in freezing temperatures.
Watch that brake cleaner. Just learned in an oil pm it can cause some rust inside. I guess it rinses the oil off. Pretty cool saw man

jtipton91

OPE Member
Local time
8:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you happen to have the ability to make duplicates of that intake? Ive got a 58cc clone id like to put a 372 carb and bigger intake on