High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What comes through the door.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just don't have the room to work on riders, so I turn them away, if I had a lift I wouldn't mind it, but being on my knees at my age on a concrete floor is not even doable any more. Here there are mostly riding mowers, very few push mowers. I will work on a push mower now and then up on saw horses.

I think Dallas works on them, lets see what he has to say. @dall
Rider V pedestrian ....Shows up the differences in both location and country Steve....

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Iv been wondering since i started this thread....a few of you have said you dont do mowers out of choice . How come ?
I must admit that I dont do ride on mowers due to most folks wanting a collection and delivery service that im just not set up for plus there are a few bigger places set up for it workshop wise and transport . I stick to the pedestrian mowers ...most folks have them , unlike a ride on.

Also I don't pick up or collect anything, they bring it here if they want it worked on.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rider V pedestrian ....Shows up the differences in both location and country Steve....

A very rural area here, lots of big yards. Takes me a good 4 hours to mow the entire place here with a 46" deck. If I had that to do with a push mower ??? Isn't flat either, a good bit of up and down as well.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
push mowers here are dime a dozen the push mowers or self propelled ones i get and fix i give them away noone wants to buy them around here
That really shows up how the situation is so different from place to place Dall. Walk behind mowers of all sorts are likely to make up 90% of the market in the UK and the most common size (if i take the ones that come through the door into account plus what is for sale ) would be 19 inch cut or smaller.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A very rural area here, lots of big yards. Takes me a good 4 hours to mow the entire place here with a 46" deck. If I had that to do with a push mower ??? Isn't flat either, a good bit of up and down as well.
The grass parts of a yard tend to be smaller here Steve...we would class 4hrs mowing of lawn grass as a field :D

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Todays motley group....

View attachment 73190
Here's a couple i have to work on
Stihl needs a ring at least.
The homelite has a mud daubers nest in the exhaust it's new otherwise.
Do you have mud daubers
They like to *s-word themselves into a cocoon in mufflers.
Worked on dozens of machines full of daubers.
Jealous lol20170608_191820.jpg

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here's a couple i have to work on
Stihl needs a ring at least.
The homelite has a mud daubers nest in the exhaust it's new otherwise.
Do you have mud daubers
They like to *s-word themselves into a cocoon in mufflers.
Worked on dozens of machines full of daubers.
Jealous lolView attachment 73251
Nope...no mud daubers over here. The older machines just tend to be caked up with carbon so i tend to drop the muffler off as a matter of corse with them.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Friday has been a interesting one so far. Had a Kawasaki TG 18 line trimmer come in at he same time as a small mower . This has to be the oldest trimmer iv seen , no idea how old but look at the carb set up.... Primmer and that leaver at the bottom on the metering side of the carb. I wouldn't know what the correct procedure on using that lever is but it seems to squirt fuel out of a fuel tube if you press it once you have used the prime bulb.
Photo1091.jpg Photo1092.jpg

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rotary carb primer I hate those carbs no longer available and some are non adjustable

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Rotary carb primer I hate those carbs no longer available and some are non adjustable
Yup..its got a single adjustment for the L plus the normal Idle on this one Dall. If it needed carb work other than tuning i think i may have been saying "Time for another trimmer Sir".

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While this didn't come through the door for repair, it did pull into the parking lot and was saw related so I thought cool to share. This local carver came in to buy a Bimmer. We talked saws a little, lol. Said he has a ported 661 & asked about getting a 441 done. I said I knew a few guys!
20170609_105749.jpg 20170609_105754.jpg
Boss said the bear was 1700! http://www.chainsawcarvingbypaul.com/

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you cut to the chase an engine is an engine .A saw is just a little bitty engine,a Caterpillar is a great big engine .If you have the patience to wrench a saw you can wrench a dozer ,just takes larger wrenches .

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When you cut to the chase an engine is an engine .A saw is just a little bitty engine,a Caterpillar is a great big engine .If you have the patience to wrench a saw you can wrench a dozer ,just takes larger wrenches .
Well said. I did big, tiny, will be fine now :smile:

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the only pushers i do are 2 cycle. but i only repair them for myself but i do sell one once in a great while.
i sold one to brett on here aka gobigblue1984 and he already wants another lol.