Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see that occasionally and all I can do is refund them and move on.
On a very few occasions there is something wrong that isn't user error.
Had a Meteor cylinder that wasn't round inside once for an MS660.
Had a batch of Farmertec MS250 complete engines with improperly milled engine pans.
Had an 024 NWP cylinder with plating so irregular that there was bare metal in some areas, the other four of the same model in that shipment were flawless.
Had a big batch of OEM Stihl MS192T cylinders with improperly secured pistons that all arrived with one broken ring each.
In every case the vendor made it good.
But I just don't feel right asking a manufacture to warranty something that is likely the fault of the end user, just gotta eat it and smile.
Dave

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are both Gentlemen (no pun intended) and scholars. Bruce I am very sorry, you should not have had to eat that. Are you at least getting the cylinder back? Maybe it can be cleaned up and a new piston kit used and somebody can get some good out of it?

Joe

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are both Gentlemen (no pun intended) and scholars. Bruce I am very sorry, you should not have had to eat that. Are you at least getting the cylinder back? Maybe it can be cleaned up and a new piston kit used and somebody can get some good out of it?

Joe
I agree. There are a lot of us here that would take a chance on cleaning up a cylinder. So maybe you could recoup a little lost cash. Then again maybe it's not worth the extra effort.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
12:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see that occasionally and all I can do is refund them and move on.
On a very few occasions there is something wrong that isn't user error.
Had a Meteor cylinder that wasn't round inside once for an MS660.
Had a batch of Farmertec MS250 complete engines with improperly milled engine pans.
Had an 024 NWP cylinder with plating so irregular that there was bare metal in some areas, the other four of the same model in that shipment were flawless.
Had a big batch of OEM Stihl MS192T cylinders with improperly secured pistons that all arrived with one broken ring each.
In every case the vendor made it good.
But I just don't feel right asking a manufacture to warranty something that is likely the fault of the end user, just gotta eat it and smile.
Dave

When I saw this it immediately reminded me of a thread you started on that other site basically asking the same thing before Christmas.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah occasionally I am not positive and I hate to assume everything is the customers fault so I throw up pics for a reality check if I have any doubts.
That's how I learned the Meteor 066 was out of round as well.
If I learn something it is a good day.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You also could have a guy who doesn't know what proper tune is.

I know alot of folks that think the factory tunes them wrong and that they should sing to the moon with a proper H needle adjustment.

I wonder if Stihl made fixed H jet carbs more for warranty than emissions.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did they find the problem that broke the first top end before they put a new one on ?
Wait... You should diagnosis the issue and not just replace the broken parts?!?!

I have a few customers like that. Buy the parts to replace the part that is causing the "no start" and ignoring the issue that lead to the "no start."

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
on Ebay I block buyers who do things like that

another fun one is a guy who orders 4 different mufflers and then returns the three he decided not to use :(
or somebody who wants you to get them a price better than their local dealer on a special order OEM part :(
Or a guy with some esoteric saw who wants you to do 1/2 hours research so he can buy a $6 carb kit :(
or someone who about every three weeks asks if you have a part that is NLA for a POS saw :(
A guy who orders an MS361 muffler and returns it because it doesn't fit his 009L :)

On the flip side, there are plenty of kick ass customers who do things like letting you know if there are typos or misinformation in a listing or give you good feedback that helps you decide which vendor offers the best version of a particular part.
Dave

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm happy that Dave, our site host, and guys like them, don't let those "losers" make it so miserable for them that they decide to quit. They have all helped me more than they realize.
No kidding. Next day delivery from Dave is nice also.
Strictly do to geography,shipping routes and warp speed packaging.