High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What are you working on?

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Went to Harbor freight today and brought home a ultrasonic cleaner today to clean some carbs. Anyone use one? And what are the pros and cons about them? Thanks.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20180401_204409.jpg Picked up a GT2000 trimmer and Homelite blower from my brother today. Reall only wanted the trimmer but he was gona trash the blower so I brought it home. They look clean so hopefully won't need much to get going.

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had this MTD 900 for a while and thinking of restore or parts machine. Engine feels like good compression but would like to have a spare for parts. To expensive off ebay.DSCF2081.JPG DSCF2084.JPG Anyone have any leads on parts. Would much abide.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Working on my Husqy HU725 mower. The belt pulleys needed some love: one was seized up and the other 2 were a little rough. Popped the seal off each of the bearings, used some Marvel Mystery oil to clean them up while spinning with a drill, cleaned out with some brake clean then repacked them. All are spinning perfectly now! Replaced the drive control cable, poped off each of the wheels and cleaned up the drive gears and lubed them up. One wheel had a broken tooth on the drive gear, $4 to replace it.

Already finished up the FS70 trimmer, got it running properly.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went over to Mom's and picked up two dead Troy Bilt overcomplicated POS self propelled mowers. I'm sure fossilized gas is the culprit, I gave up years ago on trying to educate her and my stepdad on the virtues of fuel stabilizer. I am so tempted to drop them off at the scrapper where they belong, but it's Mom so she is going to get them back running. And, they'll be back next year!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The two Toy-Bilts are finished, thank goodness. Fresh gas with Seafoam, oil change, new air filters and blades, and they are ready to go back. I mowed with one of them which has an MTD varidrive style self propel. It actually works pretty good, although the mower is still way too heavy and uses too much plastic in critical areas. The Briggs OHV engines with no choke or primer start quite easily too.

Next up, put a new 3 point lift piston and seal kit in the Ferguson and replace a bent wheel fork on the finish mower.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question. I have a Coleman Powermate 5000 generator with a destroyed 10 hp block, broke rod. And I have a 5000 watt Honda generator with a 6.5 hp engine, that I use, just as a example. Would a 6.5 hp Predator put out enough hp to replace the 10 hp? That's one of destructions i'm working on.

Gens have a tapered shaft don’t think it will work

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent all morning trying to figure out how to fix this customer complaint... I'm stumped. View attachment 125813

Let me guess. Their warranty is about to expire and they are feeling the pinch of those payments. Next time it comes back it will probably have a rattle under the dash that only happens at 85 mph.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You just can't fix stupid.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the Toy-Bilts is broken again. The handle that engages the motion drive is plastic and includes the bracket for the deadman handle. It broke in just the right place to cause the cable for the kill switch to lose tension when you try to engage the motion drive. I'll try to JB Weld it back together and/or shoot some screws into it next time I go to Mom's.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the Toy-Bilts is broken again. The handle that engages the motion drive is plastic and includes the bracket for the deadman handle. It broke in just the right place to cause the cable for the kill switch to lose tension when you try to engage the motion drive. I'll try to JB Weld it back together and/or shoot some screws into it next time I go to Mom's.

That a sign from above to junk it.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, but it would just be replaced by an identical one. Mom and stepdad firmly believe that today's Toy-Bilt is the same as the old Gardenway machines, they will never buy anything else.