Hillbilly grinder
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol..
We raced at the Linn Co fair this year.
Had the option of a bigass trophy, or 20 bucks for winning a class.

Levi and I were tempted by the shiney objects, but opted for the cash. Had to buy lunch.
Haha. I hope to make that one and wappapello next year. Just need a piped open class saw.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lol..
We raced at the Linn Co fair this year.
Had the option of a bigass trophy, or 20 bucks for winning a class.

Levi and I were tempted by the shiney objects, but opted for the cash. Had to buy lunch.

1st time I went to a fair race I had only been to 1 or 2 gtg's back then 10 years ago.

Also first time I square filed a chain. Just a work chain but did what it had to do.

I took 2 stock poulan 3ci 4ci, 5ci was a Dave Neiger woods ported 7901, 6ci was Brent Combs woods ported 066.

Hotstart both hands on top of cant. Saw idling on ground on go. For 3 timed cuts from go in 10x10 poplar.

Was a great experience for later, cold start racing at Luther MI and Fife Lake MI. 2007

They did 1st $15, 2nd $10, 3rd $5. 1-5 also got ribbons.

The next year, 3 of us racing cold start and still learning. Went back with a 4th person getting into it and we all cleaned house in the top spots every class. Almost didnt seem fair IMO. ;)

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1st time I went to a fair race I had only been to 1 or 2 gtg's back then 10 years ago.

Also first time I square filed a chain. Just a work chain but did what it had to do.

I took 2 stock poulan 3ci 4ci, 5ci was a Dave Neiger woods ported 7901, 6ci was Brent Combs woods ported 066.

Hotstart both hands on top of cant. Saw idling on ground on go. For 3 timed cuts from go in 10x10 poplar.

Was a great experience for later, cold start racing at Luther MI and Fife Lake MI. 2007

They did 1st $15, 2nd $10, 3rd $5. 1-5 also got ribbons.

The next year, 3 of us racing cold start and still learning. Went back with a 4th person getting into it and we all cleaned house in the top spots every class. Almost didnt seem fair IMO. ;)

Sounds about as profitable as tractor pulling... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thats like my son wants to get into a starter 305 sprint dirt car. I'm like heck no.
Cheap compared to the 410's but wayyyyyyyyyy more then a chainsaw racing was.

He said he was when he gets out of college and on his own. More power to him. Hope he can afford that sport.

I know where a stock 3120 is pretty cheap. ;) Just needs a massage.