High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Well, my search for a builder is over... HOORAY 288!

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
394 carb Joe?? Sure looks like one to my eye.

Also, is the WJ a performance enhancer over the standard 288 carb??

It gives a snappier throttle response for sure, not sure if all out power is better or not.

Video courtesy of my friend @rattler.

Last edited:

rocketnorton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and Josh and I compared the old style starter on my builder to the new style on his runner. I prefer the looks of the new style and plan to get a new OEM unit being they are only 20 bucks and swap the guts over. Now without stripping both starters, Josh and I didn't see any obvious differences that would dash my plans. Is there something we didn't see that would prevent the swap?

no. just did one.

decableguy2000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and Josh and I compared the old style starter on my builder to the new style on his runner. I prefer the looks of the new style and plan to get a new OEM unit being they are only 20 bucks and swap the guts over. Now without stripping both starters, Josh and I didn't see any obvious differences that would dash my plans. Is there something we didn't see that would prevent the swap?

Works like a champ, did this to mine.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Parts are starting to trickle in! Received my HL Supply order today which consisted of one of their round outlet mufflers, muffler bracket, fuel line, and a set of Caber rings as I am not sure what brand the rings are with the HyWay piston. Gotta say, the muffler looks pretty darned good on initial glance! WIIIIIIIDE open inside, no baffles or funnels of any kind. I'm not sure if the OEM mufflers have baffles or not, but I was a little surprised to find this muffler to be a completely hollow can. This will make for an easy time adding a second port that will surely breathe should I decide to do so.

Also received a pair of SKF 6203-c3 selaed bearings I ordered from and Ebay seller for a tad over 5 bucks a piece with free shipping. Thought that was a pretty good deal, just need to pop out the rubber seals and they will be ready for duty in my 288. :)

I also picked up an NOS muffler heat shield from Chainsawr as I thought those were NLA for some reason and scooped it up when I was cruising their page last week. That arrived today. My new 242 decal set should be arriving in another week or so. Ordering my 242 decals is the reason I went to Chainsawr in the first place. That should be arriving from Sugar Creek Supply in another week or so. YAHOO 242!

I now have everything I need to get the basic bottom end together! Probably get er done by this weekend at the latest, but with my job the weather ultimately dictates my schedule.

@rocketnorton if you would like to do some horse-trading with starter housings, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

I don't mean to throw people off with my new avatar pic... Just thought that pic of Curly captures the essence of "HOORAY 288!" and it seems fitting for this thread :D

rocketnorton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you talking about swapping starter housings??

If so, reply here or PM me, whichever you prefer.

yep. it will be bout $20. for you to send it here. bout same for me. if that works for ya. mine is nice shape, no decal.

new oe would be too. decal is separate.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Have enough parts on hand to get the bottom end together.

Here we go!!

Tank with all new AV mounts. I decided to try 4 springs in the rear coupled with 2 rubber up front. Going to try this combo and see how it is. If I don't like it I'll change things around. IMG_20180119_164152888.jpg

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Woa woa woa!!! As I took this pic of the case halves getting ready to go together, I noticed I'm missing a part that I'd kick my own ass for forgetting. Still waiting on my bar studs to arrive! Damn!! Lol!! Guess that's all for today. Oh well, no biggie. Better to notice now rather than after the bottom end is all together!!IMG_20180119_165357845.jpg

To be continued, hopefully tomorrow.