Hahaa mabe shoulda went flat black, but all I had was satin

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I finally did it. I'm a stock kinda guy and if it was put on a chainsaw its for a reason, however dumb. With exposure to these kind of sites and this one in particular I've kinda got curious. I don't know if its growing up or getting more confident with my abilities and others I've decided to experiment a little. My first trip out of the known was to get a saw woods ported by a member, and my second was to try a base gasket delete. I had this carcass of an 044 that I decided to build. In reading I heard an 044 is a great saw to start on so I cleaned up the cylinder and got a new meteor piston. I cleaned up the mating surfaces and put a thin coat of honda bond on and mated it to the cylinder. Before that I tried the solder method of measuring squish and came up with 0.019. Put the cylinder together and tightened down the bolts. Rotated the crank with spark plug in and it rotates freely. Waiting for a few more parts to finish up the build then time to crank her up and see how I did. I'm kind of excited to try it in some wood to see how I did!!
Well, how did it did man ? Yah can't keep us hangin like this . [emoji34]