FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Ferg!
Is Ebay the best place to source out parts?
Looks like there are plenty of DIY videos on YouTube to help me out.
This may be a handy little project to get the feel of things.
I've replaced fuel filters, plugs, & fuel lines on my Stihl saws.
Is this any different or more complex?
Last thing...how compatible is this trimmer for other attachments like brushcutter blades and so forth?

Ebay is a good place as long as you have the part number. Ereplacementparts.com is really good too and they have factory parts diagrams which you can order from directly. Their parts and shipping are very reasonable. This machine is as easy to work on as any out there so if you can fix a creamsicle this will be no problemo. It will handle a weed blade, mine originally was shipped with both a blade and a line head. Honestly, I don't think it has the engine torque to work well with a blade. To be honest my SRM-225 really isn't the best choice either, acceleration is very slow compared to using a line head. Something 28cc or larger would be the best choice unless you just need to use a blade once in a great while.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That and bits of battery corrosion, I really don't know which is worse.

I hear ya. I drive junk that will drop rust chunks when slamming the door but battery acid flakes and oil leaks drive me nuts. If you didnt know you had an oil leak before show up to my house you'll know 5 seconds after leaving

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is this little wire thing that came in a Home depot fuel line kit I got years ago. 20180630_104433.jpg
I have had pretty good luck with it.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This:
2dc7dba21d0ffa5df5ba08bb39b34994.jpg

5916e982aab9a86ba6db985fad841a45.jpg

Came out from under the deck at the daughter’s old house.

Fuel line, primer bulb and carb clean made it a designated family runner.

Curved shaft. But, lots of them in the junk at Jeff’s Small Engines. [emoji108]

31cc. That’s better than an 017!

Those are actually decent cheap weedeaters. As I remember they began life in the 1970's as IDC/Ryan and continued with very minimal changes into the 2000's. Ryobi repackaged them for a bunch of different names including Craftsman, Bolens, even Poulan I think. They are pretty torquey and you can still get parts new or used for cheap.

I have one in my OPE graveyard, probably just needs carb and fuel lines to get going. My Echoes have spoiled me pretty good so it will probably remain there. My in-laws have a little MTD cultivator with that engine, it works really well. The low revving/large displacement characteristics are ideal for that purpose.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have several too, they need to go to a good home free some time soon.