Weaver mount aperture sight

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use aperture sights on most of my rifles, usually Williams or Lyman. Unfortunately, they aren't made for every rifle and many of them require drilling and tapping. The Zastava 85 .223 I have on the way is one of them. I've been thinking about finding a rear sight that fits on Weaver or Picatinny rails, commonly used on AR's. Most of them out there are too tall for rifles other than AR's. I found that UTG, an AR accessory maker, produces a low Weaver mount rear sight that is windage and elevation adjustable for only $20.00 or so. So, if you can put a Weaver rail on your rifle you can put a rear sight on it. I ordered one, will report how well it works.

MNT_910_FEA_01.jpg

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use aperture sights on most of my rifles, usually Williams or Lyman. Unfortunately, they aren't made for every rifle and many of them require drilling and tapping. The Zastava 85 .223 I have on the way is one of them. I've been thinking about finding a rear sight that fits on Weaver or Picatinny rails, commonly used on AR's. Most of them out there are too tall for rifles other than AR's. I found that UTG, an AR accessory maker, produces a low Weaver mount rear sight that is windage and elevation adjustable for only $20.00 or so. So, if you can put a Weaver rail on your rifle you can put a rear sight on it. I ordered one, will report how well it works.

MNT_910_FEA_01.jpg
I have a couple of UTG foremds on AR's. I ordered the first because it was cheap.
I was very surprised to find that it was equal in quality to much more expensive units. I immediately ordered a couple more.
For the Money, UTG is good stuff.