Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
6:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
395 is a bigger saw, No? FACT!!!
Ported it should be faster than the 661. FACT!!!
I think they nicknamed it the King, No? FACT!!!
It should be faster, each time, every time... Hands down...
BUT...
And that's the facts!!!
I’d like the facts on which saw has more displacement a 390 or 066?

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice, but that was not part of the discussion.
Plus you caught me on a bad day...
Somtingwaswongwithmysetup...
Fair enough maybe calls for a rematch
But be forewarned. I have a step bit and there’s no telling how many holes I’ll put in the muffler
Vt winters are long. Dot dawt daught

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gentlemen let's keep things civil please. This thread is about my saw and I could really care less if another one is faster regardless of brand. I asked for a long bar bruiser and that is exactly what Kevin built.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gentlemen let's keep things civil please. This thread is about my saw and I could really care less if another one is faster regardless of brand. I asked for a long bar bruiser and that is exactly what Kevin built.
Completely civil Joe
Sorry for the distraction just trying to help Jeff on his way to the nastiest epiphany that huskies are better

Ok back to Kevin for the magic

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll be spinning the chain for the 60” bar this weekend and seeing just how she handles things before I go back into her. She might be perfect for stumping, but I’m very grateful that I’ve got a little more time to get to see how she handles things.

Some guys might not know just what those two saws did in the videos, for those that don’t, full comp RM (semi-chisel) with an 8 tooth 404 on a 36” setup in hard white oak isn’t for the dainty shelf queen saws, this setup brings 90cc saws to their knees. I am impressed by both saws, the 394/5 could easily get faster, but I believe it would be at the expense of the massive grunt this puppy has. Like Big Joe said, she wasn’t built for cuttin cookies, but for grunt and stumps

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Quite being so reasonable. Us Stihl guys need a win here and there too...