Wanted pros thoughts on PPE? firewood hacks want to know

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chaps : i wear em' when i gotta walk through the woods to keep thorns and sh!t like that off me..i always end up takin them off..too hot.

Ear plus/muffs : sometimes..i wanna hear what kind of sound trees make when they talk to you on the way down..but if i just buck piles of logs i wear them, especially with a ported saw.

Gloves : no...they're obnoxious and make me feel like a girl...my hands are destroyed anyway...and those safety gloves feel like pillows taped to your hands, i have no clue how people wear them.

Glasses : 99% of the time..blind is the last thing id wanna be.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
have any of y'all tried any decent anti-vibe gloves? When I run the Stihl fs 100 or 110 trimmer- can't remember which model (I wind up running it for hours between our house, mom, and grannies) my hands tingle for quite a while afterward when I use that[articular Trimmer. Don't have the problem with the Husq 323L. Ive thought of wrapping the handle or trying to find some gloves to dampen the vibes.

I have the Stihl ones and find them quite comfortable and effective.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Swap to a FS250.

Problem Solved, or rather, you'll have so much fun running a dirt bike trimmer you won't notice a few vibs.

The Stihl gloves are supposed to be nice.

I have one of those also, but it's a dedicated brush and heavy weed machine.