High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Wanted pros thoughts on PPE? firewood hacks want to know

Nitroman

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you're running a saw, somehow some way something will eventually 'happen'.

$90 for chaps is a hell of a lot less expensive than a hospital bill.

Labonville FTW.

Almost did the same thing, but would have been much worse, and still have that pair of Refridgewear snowsuit. Upper thigh for me. Scared me half to death when I felt the chain grabbing the fabric. Out in the woods, I'd've bled out before I could have driven the snogo home.
What's $75 to $80? Most people spend more than that for beer on a weekend.

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear chaps and hearing/eye protection. I hate gloves.

I make it a point to always wear chaps. A friend of mine missed his femoral (sp?) artery by just a few cm this year and still almost bled out. He is a pro and I am a hack at best. I figure it is worth the 30 seconds it takes to buckle 5 snaps. $70 chaps vs $xxxx in hospital bills...

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My wife bought me some mesh goggles but the problem I had with them was sweat would pool in the goggle and I would have to lift them to let it out. I want to try a pair of the glasses. I lost interest in the goggles as the strap bugs my head after a while and trying to put the hard hat over the goggle strap compresses my head more. Maybe the goggles are good for weed whacking but not if your working up a sweat. They'll fill up and when you tip your head up it'll run in your eyes. They were not bugz brand though.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sent them with him when he went back to P&J or I would snap a pic, I think they had a sweat band type deal around the eyepods
been awhile
Dave
the glasses style with a crockie should work fine too

mikey517

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear steel toed boots, hearing protection, and chaps, cause I'm nearly 70, not a pro, and little slips could lead to big boo boos! "A man's got to know his limitations"
abcb097473f2f89c76ec5ebb7108a18e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porsche965

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I can add is just be safe in general. As a Pro FF I have run a pro arborist who fell out of a tree about 30 feet luckily landed on a soft grass deck but still suffered some serious internal injuries and got a helicopter ride. The other was another tree service guy climbing that somehow had his gear or something touch a high voltage line and was DOA on the ground when we arrived and not from the fall.

PPE shoukd be a must, but complacency gets a lot of us in any line of work.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wrap around chaps that go completely around my calves. In the summer I can wear shorts and still be protected. A helmet with muffs and mesh face shield. I fog up goggles very easily, the mesh never fogs - and I can lift the muffs off my ears anytime I think I need to.

7sleeper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I try to always my wear chainsaw pants, chainsaw boots and helmet with eye (wire mesh) & ear protection included. I am just a hobby firewood cutter with ~ half a dozen chords per year.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
oregon-fiordland-chainsaw-trousers-type-a-810-p.gif

My favourite chainsaw pants, by far. Light, confortable, rock solid, good priced and good looking.
I have a pair similar to those. My dad sent them to me from Norway. I haven't seen any Oregon pants here in the US. I even have the jacket and boots. Chainsaw fashion is important. Lol

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear chaps when nobody in my group does. I cut my leg open with a saw and might not get so lucky next time. No hard hat but I use a steel toe 10" high boots, ear plugs or radio muffs and regular leather work gloves.

I feel the biggest thing with safety is awareness and patients. Accidents usually happen because your in a hurry or have the "blinders" on when trying to do something and not notice the mistake your about to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the issue of safety glasses I really like the mesh ones that Baileys sells. Not the goggle type but regular safety glass frame/shape. Never get sweaty or foggy and they block just enough sunlight to cut down on glare.

Bug eyez mesh glasses?

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
have any of y'all tried any decent anti-vibe gloves? When I run the Stihl fs 100 or 110 trimmer- can't remember which model (I wind up running it for hours between our house, mom, and grannies) my hands tingle for quite a while afterward when I use that[articular Trimmer. Don't have the problem with the Husq 323L. Ive thought of wrapping the handle or trying to find some gloves to dampen the vibes.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
have any of y'all tried any decent anti-vibe gloves? When I run the Stihl fs 100 or 110 trimmer- can't remember which model (I wind up running it for hours between our house, mom, and grannies) my hands tingle for quite a while afterward when I use that[articular Trimmer. Don't have the problem with the Husq 323L. Ive thought of wrapping the handle or trying to find some gloves to dampen the vibes.

Swap to a FS250.

Problem Solved, or rather, you'll have so much fun running a dirt bike trimmer you won't notice a few vibs.

The Stihl gloves are supposed to be nice.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always wear a helmet when I'm dropping trees, never want a dead branch or anything to drop on your head. After the tree is down I usually take it off (especially if it is hot out) and just wear ear muffs and glasses.

I also always wear boots, long paints (usually canvas) and I like to wear gloves. Gloves help prevent splinters, reduce the effect of a pinch, and will help you to not cut yourself on a non running chain. After eye protection, I think boots are the most important safety equipment.

I don't think they even had chaps when I learned to use a saw, and I find them uncomfortable and restrictive. I climb over and through lots of stuff, don't like anything hanging me up.