High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

wanted free hard wood firewood

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
just start cutting them pesky telephone poles...they always seem to get in my way when I'm thirsty...who needs that fancy lectricity anywho?
rr ties are good too...I aint never road a train and don't ever plan on it so *f-word them , plus they seem to have plenty, they should share...
I rode in a train once, can't say that I will again or not. But I did notice that it appeared that quite a few of them power poles needed a trim. Not sure how it would go burnin em , I knew a fellow once that was a lineman(not for the county) and he built a"log" cabin out of the poles he brought home from work. You couldn't stand to go in that thing, the smell was overpowering especially in the summertime. I think he finally took the floor out and cut a big door and parked his tractor in it...
I think the sign at the red light sounds mobetter, so I never have to smell that much creosote again...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of poles .I know a couple brothers,all IBEW linemen who worked around Detroit .They got about a zillion cut offs butt ends from western red cedar poles ,90 footers cut down to 60's .
Cedar BTW is not treated .They cut enough cedar lumber and sold it to more than pay for a small Wood Mizer bandsaw rig .Fact the 3500 bd feet of hardwood stickered in my shop was all cut on that same mill .

woodtool89

Randalls favorite member
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of poles .I know a couple brothers,all IBEW linemen who worked around Detroit .They got about a zillion cut offs butt ends from western red cedar poles ,90 footers cut down to 60's .
Cedar BTW is not treated .They cut enough cedar lumber and sold it to more than pay for a small Wood Mizer bandsaw rig .Fact the 3500 bd feet of hardwood stickered in my shop was all cut on that same mill .
theres a lumber yard near me that saws old barn beams into custom lumber, and they got around 10 tractor trailer loads of those old cedar poles, hes been sawing them and selling the lumber for $4-$6 a B.F. he sells all over the world and to a lot of high end places, trying to get him to do any work for locals though is next to impossible, he will take your money and order, but he's always "too busy" to get the work done :mad:

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here we go: :eek:Free Firewood from 250 Year OLD Oak Tree (Covington)
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/zip/d/free-firewood-from-250-year/6276991144.html

Free firewood from a 250 year old oak tree that fell.
The tree has been chopped into fireplace length logs of varying diameters that just need to be split.
Yours for FREE if you come get it and haul it away.

01313_3z7Wa3agYbo_600x450.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I figure that every time I pick up a load of "free" wood from someone with a blown down tree, I spend about $60 in gasoline, oil, equipment wear and tear, truck expenses, etc. If I am lucky, no visits to the doctor are required.

Heck, sometimes I have to pay a helper and when that occurs, the sale of the processed firewood does not even cover my cost.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I figure that every time I pick up a load of "free" wood from someone with a blown down tree, I spend about $60 in gasoline, oil, equipment wear and tear, truck expenses, etc. If I am lucky, no visits to the doctor are required.

Heck, sometimes I have to pay a helper and when that occurs, the sale of the processed firewood does not even cover my cost.
Yep...you're right. I put the pen to paper and came up almost shedding tears myself!