Walbro wa19

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
12:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
rebuilding-again and again- this wa19 carb from a poulan xxv. Can the seat assembly check valve be cleaned with carb cleaner without ruining it? I have cleaned it that way is why i ask. Also, are they still available? How to remove and replace. Thanks much

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
10:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Did you check the fuel line connection in the handle? The splice connector is small and the fuel line can leak there.
I cannot remember which style of main nozzle this one uses. Is it a brass plug or a replaceable screen/valve under a welch plug? The brass plug usually has a tan carbon fibre material resistant to carb cleaners, but the other type with no brass typically uses a flat round black rubber piece that isn't.

Last edited:

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its the brass plug, not shown on your ipl but on mine, so assuming i can clean it again with carb cleaner. Thanks much

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the seat isn't sealing, you may be able to lap the seat with a Q-tip and toothpaste to clean it up a bit.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasnt but sounds like some due diligence for these old carbs. What kind you like?

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"What kind you like?" - Ahh, Blondes with large breasts...

If the seat has been worked on (enlarged for more flow), then I start with fine valve grinding paste, then finish up with the toothpaste. I use the 'Pearl Drops' that I brush with, it has a bit of fine grit in it, but probably any toothpaste would do.