It`s already used on the 550XP carburetor AT-12

JonCraig

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had no idea... that seems really cool, actually.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really cool indeed. Nice to see some advancement in some 'old' technology that hasn't changed much. I'd still like to see ethanol go away, but the new diaphragms seem like they will hold up good to regular ol gasoline as well.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can't away from the aging of the rubber components. Most fuels also have additives that affect these components.

As for spiral kits I wish if they haven't already leave out the tool out and lower the kit costs for us that do this regularly.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can't away from the aging of the rubber components. Most fuels also have additives that affect these components.

As for spiral kits I wish if they haven't already leave out the tool out and lower the kit costs for us that do this regularly.

I’m sure after a while you’ll be able to get it with out the tool. The nice thing is the tool has the setting for the spiral set. To replace the tools that don’t.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So...

They haven’t got any of the older HDA carbs listed on their site as compatible. And although the AT12 uses the spiral gasket they don’t even list that carb on their site.

$20 for a gasket and tool that “should last forever”... I guess that’s better than $2 and changing out old carb diaphragms every couple years. Hope you don’t mess up installing it as they point out how fragile it is.

I use non-ethanol gas in my OPE. My diaphragms seem to last plenty long, but if/when they sell just the diaphragm and make it available for the older carb’s I have, I would probably get it.