High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Walbro Rotary carbs..WY,WYJ,WYL,WYK...Plus Zama Rotary.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 18.10.55.png

A Honda GX35 ..4 stroke.. power head running on the carb above that would not run unless I could get it off full choke and onto more than 1/2 throttle. The carb primed fine but even with the throttle stop screw to its max it would die. New carb is not that cheep so a rebuild was the first move.
Strip down ..ultra sonic .. new carb kit ....same situation.
Turned out to be that the tinny adjustable idle needle under the tamper plug , must have vibrated clockwise over time and shut enough available fuel flow down until the rotor had moved up the ramp enough to expose more of the slot in the hollow tube jet. Found the sweet spot.... 1- 1/2 turns anticlockwise from where I found it and its just fine. Worth checking on that little needle every time .

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so pardon my ignorance on these rotary carbs. I am working on a Echo SRM-230 trimmer I was given cause the carb was messed up. Is there an adjustable alternative to a Zama RB 9 carb that anyone could direct me towards. If not what is the best way to gwt the plug out of the adjustment screw port on these new EPA complaint carbs. I prefer my old carbs and pre 1990s saws.
Thanks,
Mike

Graf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
71eH6QFDm7L._SX425_.jpg
Walbro WYA rotary carb, double intake duct for strato engines, e.g. low cc Zenoah GZ or Kawasaki TJ series

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, so pardon my ignorance on these rotary carbs. I am working on a Echo SRM-230 trimmer I was given cause the carb was messed up. Is there an adjustable alternative to a Zama RB 9 carb that anyone could direct me towards. If not what is the best way to gwt the plug out of the adjustment screw port on these new EPA complaint carbs. I prefer my old carbs and pre 1990s saws.
Thanks,
Mike
Ipl shows this carb for the SRM-230...
It shows a mixture screw hidden under what looks like a plug. May help you out.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 14.07.52.png Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 14.08.09.png

msellers

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ipl shows this carb for the SRM-230...
It shows a mixture screw hidden under what looks like a plug. May help you out.

View attachment 183963 View attachment 183964
You are right, very faintly etched in the upper corner it says k70a. The RB 9 was cast in, so I incorrectly assumed it was like on my old Walboro carbs that was the number.
Thanks for this.
Mike

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Drill and a small self tapper screw should allow you to extract the plug I should think.
Actually a metric bottom tap works but you need a new plug retainer once the current retainer is removed. Also the plastic EPA tamper resistance plug takes a 2.5 mm non taper screw to remove it; unless, is already screwed up then it takes a 3 mm.

As for the actually high speed mixture adjustment screw these can get clogged. Yes clogged as they are drilled and cross drilled.