High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Video of my daughter getting her blacktail buck

firefighterwolf

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I posted a pic in another thread. Here is the video. Yes I know, I show more signs of "buck fever" than she does!

The tag is a Muzzleloader "any-deer" tag in Southern Oregon. It is NOT a youth only tag. Though, she was able to obtain the tag through Oregon's "first-time" hunter program. A youth that has never drawn a "controlled hunt" tag and was unsuccessful at drawing a controlled hunt tag that year, can apply for a tag (for some of the hunts) and is more or less guaranteed the tag. She had killed a smaller 4x4 in 2014 with her .243 rifle during general season, so this wasn't technically her first buck.

We had scouted this piece of private property for several weeks. Lots of does during the day. Lots of trails and sign. Two trail cameras showed several small bucks and two different mature 4x4 bucks that would occasionally show up early in the mornings.

Oregon is fairly strict on Muzzleloaders. Open Ignition (can't use 209 primer ignitions), Open Sights (no scopes), No Sabots or Jacketed Bullets, No Pelletized Powder, Bullets cannot be more than twice as long lengthwise as it is width wise.

I had her practicing at 35 yards and she was getting pretty consistent at hitting a small paper plate. This buck was right at 50 yards. She hit it perfect. Both lungs and took the Aorta right off the top of the heart.

Hopefully this embeds properly. If not, I'll post the Youtube link.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I posted a pic in another thread. Here is the video. Yes I know, I show more signs of "buck fever" than she does!

The tag is a Muzzleloader "any-deer" tag in Southern Oregon. It is NOT a youth only tag. Though, she was able to obtain the tag through Oregon's "first-time" hunter program. A youth that has never drawn a "controlled hunt" tag and was unsuccessful at drawing a controlled hunt tag that year, can apply for a tag (for some of the hunts) and is more or less guaranteed the tag. She had killed a smaller 4x4 in 2014 with her .243 rifle during general season, so this wasn't technically her first buck.

We had scouted this piece of private property for several weeks. Lots of does during the day. Lots of trails and sign. Two trail cameras showed several small bucks and two different mature 4x4 bucks that would occasionally show up early in the mornings.

Oregon is fairly strict on Muzzleloaders. Open Ignition (can't use 209 primer ignitions), Open Sights (no scopes), No Sabots or Jacketed Bullets, No Pelletized Powder, Bullets cannot be more than twice as long lengthwise as it is width wise.

I had her practicing at 35 yards and she was getting pretty consistent at hitting a small paper plate. This buck was right at 50 yards. She hit it perfect. Both lungs and took the Aorta right off the top of the heart.

Hopefully this embeds properly. If not, I'll post the Youtube link.
Awesome...congrats to the young lady!!

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
1:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's awesome! I took my 8 year old daught bird hunting for the first time this year for season opener... At the end of the day she wanted to know when we were going again and when she could have her own shotgun... I couldn't have been more happy!!!