Very belated video thread.

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been meaning to do some videos of some of my saws for a while now - ever since my 288XP purchase. Today I did a comparison (of sorts) between my China 660 (Mai-Mai), my Stihl MS660 and my 288XP. I messed up a bit, in that I ran the 2 660's against each other using a 25inch bar and chain and then the China 660 against the 288XP using a 20inch. I did this because I don't have a bigger bar for my Husky, but in hindsight I should have just run them all with 20inch. I don't think it mattered in the end because it is clear the Stihl is behind both of the others for performance and so the 288 vs 660 vid is the one that says the most about these saws. The wood is pretty green Whitebox - it's hard, but not crazy, sparks-flying, dry Yellowbox or Ironbark. I do have some Willow here at the moment (to cut up for kindling) but all of these saws cut through it so quickly that it is useless.

Anyway here you go. I hope to do some others soon.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very cool videos. I’m very impressed by that Chinese 660. They onto something or did you tweak it in??

288 idle for the win!!!! No mistaking that one when you fired it up:D That is one sweet looking Saw you got there. Don’t think I’ve seen it since you first posted pics after buying it.

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very cool videos. I’m very impressed by that Chinese 660. They onto something or did you tweak it in??

288 idle for the win!!!! No mistaking that one when you fired it up:D That is one sweet looking Saw you got there. Don’t think I’ve seen it since you first posted pics after buying it.
The Chinese 660 is modded as per my thread only. It does go hard!! My biggest bar is a 24inch but I reckon it would really excel with a 32-36.
The 288 is definitely my favourite saw of them all though. The sound is just ridiculous. Yes I am sorry it has taken me so long to put up the video. I will try and do a few more when I go out into the bush next. There are some huge Whitebox trees that we need to get to. They will show just what these saws can do.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Chinese 660 is modded as per my thread only. It does go hard!! My biggest bar is a 24inch but I reckon it would really excel with a 32-36.
The 288 is definitely my favourite saw of them all though. The sound is just ridiculous. Yes I am sorry it has taken me so long to put up the video. I will try and do a few more when I go out into the bush next. There are some huge Whitebox trees that we need to get to. They will show just what these saws can do.
No need to apologize bud, just paying a compliment to your super clean, low hour 288 with a hint of “you suck” sprinkled on top...LOL!