radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to a local dealer a few days ago to find out when they would be getting the 572XP in stock. The manager told me the Husqvarna sales rep was in the previous day and there is apparently a serious problem with the saw and they are delaying the US introduction for 12 to 18 months.

Has anyone heard what the latest scoop is?

Last edited:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess anything is possible, but the only thing I've been told is that they did some sales forecasts and the numbers were way higher than expected. I told my rep I wanted 50 XP's, 10 XPG's and 10 565's. Lot's of orders that size and larger still. Combined with it's popularity where it is already being sold, they will need an extra few months to build enough product to fill the pipeline. Don't want to launch the thing and then have them on backorder every couple weeks. "Filling the pipeline" isn't talked about a lot, but with something that will be in high demand, it really needs to be done to avoid driving everyone nuts. Went through this last year with the Exmark Radius; big splash and then you couldn't get them.

"Something serious" doesn't sound right, cause we'd have heard about it in the European market. And I don't think EU emission regs are all that different than EPA, if at all. And the date I was told was Feb 1, not 12-18 months.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Spike60 , how much price different is there between the 572 XPG vs XP model?

We don't even have prices yet.

Other thing to add is they shut down the factory and all go on holiday over there for 3-4 weeks in July, so the planned Sept 1st launch date was squeezing things to begin with.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For a stock saw...I was impressed.

And it's stronger now than when you tried it a couple months ago. You couldn't NOT be impressed with it at this point.

Also just talked to my rep; first quarter next year, and no mysterious issues.

Only problem mine has is guys are pissed I won't let them borrow it. I let the one logger I trust enough have it for a week, and he talked it up. Now other guys are crying cause I won't let anybody else have it. Some of them just destroy everything they touch. :)

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And it's stronger now than when you tried it a couple months ago. You couldn't NOT be impressed with it at this point.

Also just talked to my rep; first quarter next year, and no mysterious issues.

Only problem mine has is guys are pissed I won't let them borrow it. I let the one logger I trust enough have it for a week, and he talked it up. Now other guys are crying cause I won't let anybody else have it. Some of them just destroy everything they touch. :)
When I ran yours then picked up my ported 372 I didn’t walk away from the log feeling either saw was clearly superior. My 372 is strong so that speaks volumes too me about the 572 all by itself. Now that it’s broken in I’d wager it walks away from my modded saw which has been my prediction all along in conversations with Joe. And to top it all off the anti-vibe is down right amazing.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It ain’t faster than any ported 70cc saw I’ve ran, but it’s a lot stronger than a stock 372 which I’m sure was the goal of the engineers. It balances well, is smooth and doesn’t fall on its face when pushed from what I remember. It’s a 6 hp saw, ported 70cc push 7-8hp on a dyno from what I remember at ct gtg. Not a fair comparison. It should be compared to a stock 461/372/462.