Ultrasonic Cleaner - Your Experience

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I am looking into getting an Ultrasonic Cleaner after the holidays are over. I have a large unit where I work that my guys use to clean extruder parts, but it is way overkill for using on small 2 stroke equipment (engines, carbs, crankcases, etc, etc). I also wouldn't put greasy 2 stroke equipment in the work one.

I know NOTHING about the various brands on the market. Do any of you have firsthand experience with these and what brand would you recommend?

Solid reliability and longevity are more important than low upfront cost, but I don't want to break the bank, either. I would like a unit large enough to fit a PHO from a 461/661 in.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am looking into getting an Ultrasonic Cleaner after the holidays are over. I have a large unit where I work that my guys use to clean extruder parts, but it is way overkill for using on small 2 stroke equipment (engines, carbs, crankcases, etc, etc). I also wouldn't put greasy 2 stroke equipment in the work one.

I know NOTHING about the various brands on the market. Do any of you have firsthand experience with these and what brand would you recommend?

Solid reliability and longevity are more important than low upfront cost, but I don't want to break the bank, either. I would like a unit large enough to fit a PHO from a 461/661 in.

Check out Ebay

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I’ve noticed is there aren’t many options in between lower quality and high quality. I bought a 30L and it’s just a bit small for a whole power head, close though. Doesn’t seem to be much above 30L in lower budget. But you can go larger with a big budget easily. Lots more transducers and much better quality but price is about 10x more.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Posting to mostly follow the comments. I have a cheap HF unit that has worked OK, but have not used it a lot. About $60-70, with sale and coupon. Limited in size. Might be interested in a larger unit at some point.

There are about 5 other USC threads noted below, under 'Similar Threads', that might be of interest.

Philbert

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Posting to mostly follow the comments. I have a cheap HF unit that has worked OK, but have not used it a lot. About $60-70, with sale and coupon. Limited in size. Might be interested in a larger unit at some point.

There are about 5 other USC threads noted below, under 'Similar Threads', that might be of interest.

Philbert

How many liters was the one you got?

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like mean green the best of all the solution I have tried, doesn't dicolor alluminum like others, but make sure it's mean green and not simple green or other variants, I get mine at Dollar general for 5.00 a gallon, I use 2 gallon of mean green and 1 gallon of water. I ahev the same brand as Mastermind, but mine is 15 liter version, larger is nice but can get costly replacing solution. I want to try 1 gallon of mean green to 2 gallon of water next, I use to use 3 gallon of pure mean green, haven't noticed a difference since going 2:1.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of cleaners will etch aluminum at certain temps, some won’t. It’s trial and error.

My USC is set to 70C

Simple green will etch, some purple cleaners are even worse.

I use Simple Green Pro HD purple cleaner which won’t etch Aluminum, even though it’s green counterpart will.

I have to find Mean Green, as the one listed above is around $13 a gallon. Lasts a good long time though.

Mine is a China one that’s labled “Kendal” and is 12L. I can’t fit an assemble case in it, but I can fit two halves in it, barely. It’s got knobs and not the digital display like Randy’s. It cost me a bit more, but my other one (like Randy’s) failed in under a year.

Pretty sure I got off amazon.

Last edited: