High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ultrasonic cleaner for carbs?

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What about painted finishes, does the purple power fade paint and plastics.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Using purple cleaner will cause the magnesium or aluminum to get dark, not sure if that is corrosion or some other reaction with hardness chemicals in the water. Does not seem to harm them unless you leave something in for a few days.

Mark

Evanrude

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use Purple Power in my parts washer to clean saws. I'd guess that limiting contact time and providing a good fresh water rinse afterwards is the key. I haven't had anything corrode yet.
What ratio are you using in your parts washer? I'm certain the rinse is the key here to preventing any problems. I'd like to use it or SG because they do clean grime so well.

Even with the aviation SG, I've had painted parts like clutch covers get a little dull but that's only after a long soaking which I don't do anymore.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
we use simple green at work mix a pint to 2 pints per gallon of water.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got my new ultrasonic cleaner the other day, I tried pinesol on some parts and was not impressed. It didn't seem like it wanted to cut through any of the grime and grease. I will say this it didn't fade plastics like I've seen la awesome do.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got my new ultrasonic cleaner the other day, I tried pinesol on some parts and was not impressed. It didn't seem like it wanted to cut through any of the grime and grease. I will say this it didn't fade plastics like I've seen la awesome do.
Purple Power do i say more......

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Purple power probably does work great but I'm afraid to use it because I clean alot of cylinders and pistons with mine. Mostly so it's relatively clean when I'm trying to remove transfer and salvage one. I'm kinda picky, I probably toss useable jugs cause they have one little score mark.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Purple power probably does work great but I'm afraid to use it because I clean alot of cylinders and pistons with mine. Mostly so it's relatively clean when I'm trying to remove transfer and salvage one. I'm kinda picky, I probably toss useable jugs cause they have one little score mark.
I'm looking for a trashed 066 and 046 jug. Wanna set one up sealed shut to use as a "pressure test mule" . Faster then sealing each jug each time...just pull it on and off .
Let me know if you find a useless one in the pile.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No one likes fat jugs. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a L & R and harbor freight and both work good. I use dish soap.
Do not use purple power it will pit the aluminum that carbs are made from. If you examine them under some magnification you can see it. I know because I tried it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i read where purple power messed up carbs and is why i use pinesol and it has always worked good

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Purple power is pretty caustic. I use awesome.... Also caustic. I rinse parts well after running them and haven't had an issue. It does dull paint.
Careful with petroleum based cleaners. Lots of negatives...

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got my new 10L Kendal. I'm very happy with it.

Unfortunately, purple power and the Kendal are very effective at removing the letters off of Stihl metal badges :BangHead:

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, I've seen the mix if 50/50 on the pinesol. I've read Dawn and water. Now, how much dawn per water? A few drops is all I've seen anywhere without how much water. Just curious. My wife got me one for Christmas. And I got a lot of things I can use it for.

Thank you.