UK Users, what fuel?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at the aspen site, yeh only need to check heavily used petrol engines for cracked fuel lines, and you can even mix petrol and aspen.

Last time I listen to any more verbal slurry from him, not sure when I will see him again, but I will make a comment, like have you ever ran out of aspen and had use petrol. Then follow it up if needed,,, you know you can mix it in the same tank

LondonNeil

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think you might find the carb adjustment is ever so slightly different between the 2 perhaps. I've read of users of the stihl stuff (motomix?) Need to tweak the screws as they swap between fuels. Although come to think.... It was an American user and they have a bigger difference in RON so that may be the cause

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh I read that on the aspen site, a bit of tweaking, would not know how that would work on an mtronic.

Although when I used my mates saw 661 i did think at the time it ran sweet.. But it should at the price.. And I said to him, your paying road duties on that already expensive fuel, :eek::rolleyes::risas3:

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use Shell V-power and mix it with Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer. The stabilizer costs £10 for enough to inhibit 75L. They use it a lot in America and it seems spot on. I use Stihl HP-Ultra and I have no issues at all! The engines I use run great and start up after winter with no issues (I leave them full over the winter). Works out that filling a 5L tank with fuel, inhibitor and oil costs around £8.51 all in and has an estimated shelf life of 24 months.