High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Two stroke oil that leaves NO carbon? ?

Jiles

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a well used Makita concrete saw. I tore completely down and noticed there was no signs of carbon build up in combustion chamber or piston top.
Also, the exhaust port was clean and the muffler was carbon free and had a RED TINT color to inside.
Piston ring gap was .015.
I have no way of contacting PO but would like to know if anyone else has had this experience.
I will try to post photos later.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think carbon is the result of running too rich, there is no carbon in my saws.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Carbon is normal in a 2 stroke that's correctly tuned. No carbon would indicate an overly rich carb tune. So rich it washes off the piston crown. 2 strokes combust oil for a livin every second their run.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
O P said carbon build up, I never have screens clog or thick deposits in ex. ports or mufflers. I have used any old dead cat fer oil but lately have gone to Lucas.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i use deep creep to remove carbon from units. alot of idle time will cause a unit to carbon up

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a well used Makita concrete saw. I tore completely down and noticed there was no signs of carbon build up in combustion chamber or piston top.
Also, the exhaust port was clean and the muffler was carbon free and had a RED TINT color to inside.
Piston ring gap was .015.
I have no way of contacting PO but would like to know if anyone else has had this experience.
I will try to post photos later.
Sounds like red armor

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran motul 800 for a while and that didn't seem to leave any wash or trace of carbon. To me that means an incomplete burn. Some of those bike oils are hard to get a good burn out of em in these little saw engines.

It just happens to be red in color also

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's pretty dry ok, I don't have anything that looks like that. My ex. ports & muffelers have a black or brown color,but it never builds up or gets thick & oily. Piston tops have a pattern of thin black soot.

Jiles

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My thoughts also.
Just so everyone knows, I have no idea of saw history.
I checked echo red armor oil and saw where it had detergent additive to remove carbon?
First I ever heard of that.
The saw was very dirty and appeared to have been run a lot. Also showed no signs of ever being torn down.
That piston top looks like it was just put in & the saw started once.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to turn this into a oil thread but I've never had a problem with husqvarna xp, husqvarna low smoke, echo powerblend oil or red armor at 40:1. Never left huge amounts of carbon, left nice film inside and are easy to get. They also dye the gas nicely so you can take a look and see that it is mixed and not straight gas.