Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys-

I rebuilt two pretty nice saws - one later poly flywheel bubble-top Stihl 066 and one later Husqvarna 288.

The 066 I built for an arborist buddy who ended up taking my 385. The short block I got from a member here- it was in good shape but had been hit by a tree and the tank and all exterior plastic was wiped out. This one has some aftermarket parts- The tank, brake handle, top cover, and air filter cover are Chinese parts from the last Christmas sale at HL Supply. The 3/4 wrap handle is aftermarket- USA brand from Madsen's. The Pro Safety dawgs also came from Madsen's. Other specs:

Bearings: PTO side, new OEM from Definitive Dave's store, Flywheel side: new Nachi
Seals and gaskets: New OEM from Definitive Dave
Piston, rings, wrist pin bearing, pin, & clips: New OEM from Definitive Dave
Large sprocket cover and brake cover: New OEM from Saw-King's shop

The jug is Mahle/Stihl and is minty. The crank is minty OEM as well. The carb is an early WJ-35. The ignition is the 1314.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The majority of the 288 is new OEM parts. I bought two large lots of new old stock Husqvarna dealer inventory. I got the used short block from a member here on trade. The cylinder, crank, case halves, oil pump, carburetor, and ignition are used OEM pieces. The piston, ring, wrist pin, bearing, clips, gaskets + seals, flywheel, tank, HD top cover, HD air filter, intake block, fuel line + filter, dawgs, and full-wrap handle are all new OEM parts.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 288 muffler is new OEM but is the jungle type with the baffle. I have a used OEM muffler that's an open can if desired. The jug is a minty KS "B" cylinder, and the piston is a new OEM "B" slug. The fitment was as perfect as a guy can ask for in a chainsaw.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 288 clutch cover/chain brake is new OEM from a member's ebay store. I also have the HD front "third" mount to go along with the saw.
I also have a full set of 288XP decals to put on the saw, which I'll do later. I've been down sick the last two weeks and haven't had the time yet.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice clean saws. Is there any prices for these?

I was thinking $625 plus shipping for the 066, and $700 plus shipping for the 288. I may re-work a 372XT RWJ-4 carburetor for the 288 later this week.

I may try a Bing 49 on the 066 too. I may be able work a deal on the shipping if a buyer is having the saw sent directly to one of our builders (both would be excellent candidates).

How much for The 1122?

You wouldn’t happen to have a full wrap for that 066 would you?

I think I have a Pro-Safety full wrap for it somewhere...

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking $625 plus shipping for the 066, and $700 plus shipping for the 288. I may re-work a 372XT RWJ-4 carburetor for the 288 later this week.

I may try a Bing 49 on the 066 too. I may be able work a deal on the shipping if a buyer is having the saw sent directly to one of our builders (both would be excellent candidates).

I think I have a Pro-Safety full wrap for it somewhere...
Very nice.
I know someone looking, we'll see how serious he is.
That would be a tough decision if I was buying, I really like the husky, but I wouldn't be ashamed to have a stihl like that either.
Hope you feel better soon.
GLWS

Last edited: