Best Buy Co, Inc. Buy Used Saws CCC Ebay Store HLSupply Daily Deals

Tuning on an echo 2511t

Discussion in 'The Repair Shop' started by J. Dirt, Nov 30, 2018.

1. J. Dirt

J. Dirt Well-Known OPE Member

I’m sure there’s some of you guys that got these! 305D89D6-9C79-421E-A35E-DBB99F9BF924.jpeg I’ve had mine a little while now and have put some gas through it and warmed it up tonight to try and tune it a bit. It seems to hit a wall at 12,500 still sounding like it’s four stroking and according to the manual it’s between 12,2 and 13,3 for the high side.
    I’m curious if anyone knows if it’s a limited coil? I do have the muffler gutted as well as the limiter caps pulled. I’m almost wondering if it just needs more run time with only half dozen tanks through.

2. chrissalas1

chrissalas1 OPE Member

Hi
    It is not limited coil.It is only need more run time and you will see more rpm.

J. Dirt likes this.
  3. J. Dirt

Kind of thought so. I did run the H screw all the way in as well as almost all the way out and got no change in rpm. Might have to clean the carb?

huskihl likes this.
  4. chrissalas1

chrissalas1 OPE Member

I don't think so.The 2511 has about 2 years selling here in Greece so i have repaired about 6.The problem that customers tell me is that they have problem starting it.So far every i have tuned i richen a little bit the L screw and then everyone is happy.Brand new i cannot make them running more than 12600-12800.After a time you will be able to tune it more.Mine is about 1.5 years old and i have seen at the tach when i was tuning last month about 15000 rpm-but mine has more than 30 tanks on it.

J. Dirt likes this.
  5. usmcbuckwild

usmcbuckwild ONE OF THE GREATEST!

They take quite a while to break in. Respond quite well to de-cat the muffler or bypassing the cat with a muffler mod. The 2511 and 355 both show excellent gains with minor port and polish. I tried bumping ignition timing on both series and never found much if any to be gained with timing change. Converting the 2511 over to 1/4 pitch bar and chain helps the little guy out quite a bit.

J. Dirt likes this.
  6. J. Dirt

Getting rid of this thingy? 2C0D6971-798D-47F3-95D4-DB2B68094451.jpeg

Wonkydonkey and huskyboy like this.