Tsumura Stihl to Husky woes...

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am I missing something or do you have to elongate the stud slot on a D025 mount to be able to mount a chain when running them on Hooskies?

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some are and some aren't. The tensioner hole on most regular-mount Stihl bars needs opened up as most Husky tension pegs are larger in diameter.

Drive link counts for some bars have always been different between certain length Stihl and Husky bars.

This is due in part to most Husky saws having a longer chassis length than the equivalent-sized Stihls.

Also be aware that some of the bar adapters are slightly wider than the actual bars and will cause problems with the clutch cover.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jeez, a guy has got to drill new chain tensioner holes too? Here I thought they were good to go with an only adapter...:(

Yeah come to find out I didn't need those extra holes but oh well. On of the more important things I did was was open that oiler hole on this Oregon bar.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's one thing I like about Sugi's over Tsum.... that long elongated stud slot.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry no pictures of the elongation for you. Only took a couple minutes with the cordless angle grinder on the step bumper of my box van. Just laid a D009 bar on top of the stihl bar and marked how far to go and went to town.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I am missing something or do you have to elongate the stud slot on a D025 mount to be able to mount a chain when running them on Hooskies?
Just took a bunch of pics. Many mounts and few oem mounts. One dual mount Tsu. Nothing here is cut or tailed.

Last edited: