Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could have them try out an 8 pin sprocket. Should take up the differance. If they are keen set on running the 7 pin you could cut the tail off and move the tensioner/oiler hole.

Also as a professional crew wouldn't they be making chains off a roll? It's a lot cheaper than going to someone for individual loops.

DSC_0030_2.JPG
My previous bar matched with a 9 pin. My new one is just cut straight across.

Edit: and yeah, I can understand where you said 8 pin on stumping. In stock form running carbid it was a moot point. It wasn't until I ported it that it liked the 8 pin stumping or the 9pin.

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could have them try out an 8 pin sprocket. Should take up the differance. If they are keen set on running the 7 pin you could cut the tail off and move the tensioner/oiler hole.

Also as a professional crew wouldn't they be making chains off a roll? It's a lot cheaper than going to someone for individual loops.

View attachment 200025
My previous bar matched with a 9 pin. My new one is just cut straight across.

Edit: and yeah, I can understand where you said 8 pin on stumping. In stock form running carbid it was a moot point. It wasn't until I ported it that it liked the 8 pin stumping or the 9pin.
Very stock saw...well....

MMWS Cross jug, Meteor, no base gasket. It's better than stock but its not ported.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any idea on why the "E" after 105?

It's one way to tell if it is a Tsumura bar - they all have 'E' for their drive link designation. I dunno if it's just code or if it is shorthand for a japanese word.

I have a 32 inch Tsumura 105DL - fits fine on a 288XP.
I also have an Iggesund Forest 30 inch d009 bar that I had to cut off the end and add a new hole to fit a Stihl mount.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's one way to tell if it is a Tsumura bar - they all have 'E' for their drive link designation. I dunno if it's just code or if it is shorthand for a japanese word.

I have a 32 inch Tsumura 105DL - fits fine on a 288XP.
I also have an Iggesund Forest 30 inch d009 bar that I had to cut off the end and add a new hole to fit a Stihl mount.
My D009 mount on my 395xp fits great. This 12mm Stihl stinks..

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Angle grinder to easily cut the stud slot open to the back, and a couple holes with a new good quality bit isn't so bad.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In Tsumura/Total I have 2x16', 20", 24", 2x28" & 36"....NO 32"!. Interesting I have a 32" Diatop (Sugi-light) that on its label has '105E' on its specs label. I've found generally Taumura bars to be profiled similar to Stihl with similar DL chains. I get why the OP is frustrated, having ordered it for a crew that may have other 32" bars/chains that get swapped around. I wonder what the Suehiroseiko catalogue has to say, its easily down loadable in PDF form which has all the specs.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
10:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My tsumura bars are not as wide as my stihl bars and as such they get chains with one less DL ......

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
may have stretched out your chain from stumping?

same bar with new chain (7pin) - see pics

then I laid the 32 on top of a 24 tsumura. The mount holes line up as do the heels of the bars.

then I laid the 32 on top of a 20 cannon super bar. Again the mount holes line up as do the heels of the bars.

then laid the cannon on top of the 32 tsu - the cannon actually would allow about a C-hair less adjustment

My tsumura bars are not as wide as my stihl bars and as such they get chains with one less DL ......

the newer bars with wider cutouts/inserts also have a wider mount area vs the previous gen. This wider mount area is now same as stihl, cannon, oregon etc. The bar in question has the bigger inserts and wider mount area.

Attachments

• 32 on top 24 tsu.JPG
    32 on top 24 tsu.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 32 on top cannon.JPG
    32 on top cannon.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 30
  • P1320178.JPG
    P1320178.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 31
  • P1320179.JPG
    P1320179.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 29
  • cannon on top of 32 tsumura.JPG
    cannon on top of 32 tsumura.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 30

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
may have stretched out your chain from stumping?

same bar with new chain (7pin) - see pics

then I laid the 32 on top of a 24 tsumura. The mount holes line up as do the heels of the bars.

then I laid the 32 on top of a 20 cannon super bar. Again the mount holes line up as do the heels of the bars.

then laid the cannon on top of the 32 tsu - the cannon actually would allow about a C-hair less adjustment

the newer bars with wider cutouts/inserts also have a wider mount area vs the previous gen. This wider mount area is now same as stihl, cannon, oregon etc. The bar in question has the bigger inserts and wider mount area.
I was hoping you would chime in. The bar is here now and I will get pictures tonight. New chains leave less adjustment than what you are showing. The first used chain he tried to mount comes no where near tightening up. I will up date pictures tonight.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anything more than filing the stud slot or egging out oil holes sucks. Long night

What will be your solution Jimmy?
Cutting the slot would fix nothing...I would have to redrill another adjuster hole too. The adjuster is getting full travel. It is as if the bar and tip profile is narrow and leaving extra chain hanging off the tail. Saw is here for some other tweaks ... will get pictures tonight.

Last edited:

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just for comparison here. HUSQVARNA/Oregon 20" bar with Tsumura 20" bar on top. The Tsumura is just a tad bit smaller.
That's where that extra DL can come in. Also, if the body or 'belly' of the bar is a bit wider.

Philbert

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 200025
Well pricing out rolls of stihl chain for my tree service buddy I can’t save enough to even make it worth my time to make loops. On 100’ roll I’d make 20 cents a chain to spin up 20” loops. And I’ve checked other brands and the savings are more but hardly worth it so unless I can get a stellar deal on a roll the breaker and spinner will be for odd custom stuff or making
2 into one loop for a longer bar because any chain longer than 20” is special order.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dropped a DL off these Stihl loops and they fit much better. Annoying the 105dl bar is more a 104 dl....
cbf06c82f29f8fd674d3bd9d91223690.jpg