TS500i

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local dealer says pretty much everything is bad with this saw; injector, coil/computer, stator, throttle position sensor. Saw starts and runs cold fine. As it warms it won't idle for more than 30-45 seconds. Runs at WOT fine. New fuel line, filter, and air filter set gives it no change. Passed a vac test amd plenty of compression. Thoughts?

Small Engine Whisperer

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When it stalls does it shake before it dies like its starving for fuel or just stop as though you turned it off?
When you try to restart when it stalls does it require a prime?

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When it stalls it does run rough but usually requires holding the throttle open to start.

Small Engine Whisperer

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds like a fuel issue. This saw has a primer bulb to pressurize the fuel injector. As it is beginning to stall will pushing the primer bulb repeatedly stop it from stalling? Also when it stalls at idle when it is hot if you prime it 15 times (you can't flood this engine) will it restart without holding the trigger at WOT? Open throttle to start even when cold or just prime and pull? If the saw starts at idle and you don't accelerate it will it stall?

farmer

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
change the primer bulb could be the diaphragm inside it. or the coil is breaking down.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update...saw found a new home. I tried pumping the bulb as it died...still conked out. We are back to all TS420 saws at this point...miss that 500i.

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you used it alot the idle stop is not adjustable so all new items will fix issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
they have been having problems with the throttle body wearing out, there is a adjustment screw under a welch plug for the throttle body. you need to talk to alexcagle i know her is on arborist site he is the master of concrete saws that is all he works on