Trees you've cut

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think he attacked you Mike. He just made a general statement. Thats all...

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Many

It would be nice if they were still around.
Those Jack's are homemade I am 90% sure.
Really fast setup you pump on the up stroke and down stroke

a54542416a7f51bda5c37bf406b5bd7a.jpg

My old set

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna have to agree with Colton that chain matters for bar life. Also the oiler being stingy for the bar length or turned down too low wears bars quicker too. Pinching the tip and prying on it is also a no-no. I’ve been stupid enough to do these things which is why I learned from it. If your new to logging/tree work don’t use an expensive bar to learn on. Preferably a free or old one. Lol

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Impressive, my hat's off to ya … when I'm running a saw I appreciate being on Terra Firma!!!

I don't climb or Spring Pole, but have respect for those who do.
Certainly a little different feeling than being on the ground. I’ll go about that high or so, but I’m not much of a high-climber, lol.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
8:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It’s a block face with a humboldt on the stump. The biggest benefit to using a block face is the butt hugs the stump longer because the hinge wood can bend vs snap straight off.
45cdf185bb51bbe5102480ee379651ab.jpg
34f5131d92e1a290f30e99e1a12c403e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s a block face with a humboldt on the stump. The biggest benefit to using a block face is the butt hugs the stump longer because the hinge wood can bend vs snap straight off.
45cdf185bb51bbe5102480ee379651ab.jpg
34f5131d92e1a290f30e99e1a12c403e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you guys call it a block face? ... Because it has a three face undercut (resembling a block ) or because it' blocks one side? Or would you also call a Humboldt with three faces a block face?
Or did you stuff one side?
^^(That is not a Humboldt technically with that angle...as you referred to it as; with a block face )

If we want it to hold then we aim and do the three side undercut either with a vertical bore or take a few saw kerfs out.

That's your basic "Jonny hold me tight"
You can bore through the back and preset you holding wood to overcome a side lean for extra insurance. What were you actually doing there? What you guys call a sizwheel? So you were pulling it?
Because you have a gap so then it looks set up more to 'boot' it over (bounce) more so than pull slide & twist. That case then it can't peel down like a tongue but peel up like a bandage.. although in the right direction if that's what's intended. Maybe it was the angle of the stump you were after mainly.
If you want to pull, boot & twist that
F—ucker then make a post on your pull side with three vertical bores.
Looks like you are in between ? IDK?
Opinions.. theory's ? Like azzoles,,. everybody has one eh?

Nice flush cut. It's perfect.
Looks like being fourth generation of loggers has really played off. Respect! Your cuts are always wicked,
"You start with sh—t...you end with sh—t"

Last edited:

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now you see it...

imagejpeg_0(3).jpg

...now you don't.

imagejpeg_0(5).jpg

Photos taken from an upstairs window, I had to use an aerial lift to get a lot of the high stuff so it didn't hang up in tree you can't see in these photos.

Across the street...we put a bit of the brush in the street to help cushion the fall, ended up with no damage.

imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

Down, cut, split, and piled at the curb since my trailer was already full.

imagejpeg_0(7).jpg

Mark

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why do you guys call it a block face? ... Because it has a three face undercut (resembling a block ) or because it' blocks one side? Or would you also call a Humboldt with three faces a block face?
Or did you stuff one side?
^^(That is not a Humboldt technically with that angle...as you referred to it as; with a block face )

If we want it to hold then we aim and do the three side undercut either with a vertical bore or take a few saw kerfs out.

That's your basic "Jonny hold me tight"
You can bore through the back and preset you holding wood to overcome a side lean for extra insurance. What were you actually doing there? What you guys call a sizwheel? So you were pulling it?
Because you have a gap so then it looks set up more to 'boot' it over (bounce) more so than pull slide & twist. That case then it can't peel down like a tongue but peel up like a bandage.. although in the right direction if that's what's intended. Maybe it was the angle of the stump you were after mainly.
If you want to pull, boot & twist that
F—ucker then make a post on your pull side with three vertical bores.
Looks like you are in between ? IDK?
Opinions.. theory's ? Like azzoles,,. everybody has one eh?

Nice flush cut. It's perfect.
Looks like being fourth generation of loggers has really played off. Respect! Your cuts are always wicked,
"You start with sh—t...you end with sh—t"
There's some cuts used in the states that bc safe don't teach