RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy. Tough crowd in here today!
My hands would burn up if I ran da Hooskie.
Screws come loose too. Hey Kev, Dan found the bar nut for your 395. [emoji2957][emoji16][emoji106]

Last edited:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy. Tough crowd in here today!
My hands would burn up if I ran da Hooskie.
Screws come loose too. Hey Kev, Dan found the bar nut for your 395. [emoji2957][emoji16][emoji106]
Twas the 066 that had one of its nutz go missing ...................;)

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
2:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes ,beginners know everything ,Advanced know everything but don't have to tell everyone.
BOOM! Roasted. OUCH! Got me good.
That was pretty funny. I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Think I was talking about me trying to teach.
No I think the answer I was looking for was wether I am drunk or sober. When I am drunk it's 'advanced'. It gets much harder to know WTF I am talkin' about.

Last edited:

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for this thread with all the contributions. Moparnut88 asked how long a bar I have for milling? There is a fatter tree than I have had an opportunity to put a chain into down his way and we figure red oak slabs that wide can't go cheap. Has to be brought down first cause milling vertical is not gonna work very well. I haven't tried it cause nobody posted how well they did that.
So much info to consider. Must reread during the next hockey/baseball game while using free wifi someplace.
Oh the 2nd longest bar is 60" longest 72" and if I come across a dual power 84" I'll have to get it "just in case". Was the thinking for the other 2 mentioned. I'm always glad the risk was taken as the use has shown up for each.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
PM me your address, lemme know the details on your choice of chain, I’ll square up something for you to work with and send it for you to try out. If we ever meet, you’re buying !
I am in London these days and have been out of the game for a little while. Thanks for the offer but I may have closed that chapter in my life. It's been a long run. If anything I would probably teach as there is more money in it here.

If I start cutting again or running courses then we can exchange chains. I wouldn't say no if you were to send one premature but It will be collecting dust. Either way, If we do meet? I'll buy.

To me, Jamie, you’re the Encyclopedia Britannica for felling. In every single post, I see or can relate to what you’re driving for. I appreciate you being here. Thanks bud !
Thnx bud, I am glad you can follow for the most part. I just blame myself if people can't follow. When it comes to falling, I know a thing or two about a thing or two, sure.
Its all about the knowledge and time in and not a physical gift.. I should not blame myself if it doesn't take to people. One of my fav quotes would be:
"Nature can not be tricked or cheated, she will give up to you the object of your struggles, only when you have paid her price".
~Napoleon Hill
That always reminds me of M.Jordan when he wanted to play baseball. The guy was Just a freak of an a athlete and wanted to play baseball but a freak of an athlete in Basket ball is farm team in the majors at best. Word on the street was he wrote some pretty large cheques after getting his ass kicked in golf too. You can not cheat Nature.

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
"Nature can not be tricked of cheated, she will give up to you the object of you struggles , only when you have paid her place"
Pro vs 'Joe'

" How hard are we going to hit each other"?
Carlos Condit: "That's up to you man, you hit me as hard as you want to be hit".

Check out the hard sucker punch.
Guy lasted about 14 sec after that. haha

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A lot of untraditional techniques used to prevent fiber pull that have been shown in this thread I see.

I don't have any experience on the matter.
They say nessessity is the mother of inventions. I have done a lot of felling of non salvageable or merchable wood.

In the logging sector I was just a contract Faller hired by a Falling contractor that worked for a prime contractor and often worked for a big Licencee. Thank goodness I never had to go to that extent.
Between the three of them you would find yourself in many compromising positions. I always had enough to think about than to please all those jokers.. Things like who shot JR, what happened to Jimmy Hoffa and was there another shooter in the grass knoll or did Oswald act alone?

Last edited: