Tractors and attachments

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
was wondering if something like this work on smaller logs ?hang the tongs off the middle one maybe
FCRC-1-Rear-Mounted-Crane-5.jpg

I folded one of those in half trying to lift pull a 2' diameter oak log with an Oliver Super 55 tractor. I ended using a track loader to drag it out and load on my truck to take to the mill. I think I have a picture of the mangled lift pole on the back of my rollback with a bunch of other scrap.

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This all made out of scrap material that was laying around.
I used a 42" 2 1/2 square tube, 3/8" thickness.
I used a drawbar that was cracked and welded back together.
The triangular lift part is just the three point attachment from an old bushhog.
We then welded some angle iron and a triangular plate to it for reinforcement.
Welded a hook on top to hold chains or cables, and I can drop down a set of tongs if I wanted.
The only cost was a case of beer and a couple hours of work!
We basically got the idea from one of those category 1 3-Pt 2" receiver hitch attachments. like this.
tdrlwmain.jpg

Dang light, still didn't get real good pictures, but you get the gist of it..

bar1.JPG bar2.JPG bar3.jpg bar4.JPG

junkman

Crush it
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of these was in the back of a truck that came in ,i have it mocked up to a draw bar for bottom mount ,and welded a d-ring to the top of it that had the right sized pin to fit my 3 point ,i will get some images when have some daylight of how far i have gotten ,dark when leave in am ,and dark when get home still ,i had to order a new bottle jack for it because the other one was full of rust and water ,i only have a small 3 cyl diesel 18 hp tractor ,a multi use would be nice ,i do not always skid logs with the tractor ,most of the time i use my skid steer loader with forks so the logs stay clean ,but it is torn down for engine rebuild right now ,and hydraulic pump repair .
image_22955.jpg

junkman

Crush it
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got is scabbed together now ,new bottle jack showed up ,need to get images mounted when get some daylight ,see how much it will lift and how high .,it looks cooked ,but when in the 3 point it is straight .the tongs should hang off the chain ok .Had to split the d-ring in 2 to get the space right for the 3 point upper link bench ,logging 2-23-16 012.JPG bench ,logging 2-23-16 014.JPG bench ,logging 2-23-16 013.JPG .

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That thing looks cool. Gonna need some pictures of that once it's put in service.

It's a forwarding trailer for horse logging
Yes there's a lot of work too be done too it the front axle steers there's a petrol engine underneath the seat that needs looking at rams are rusty
But overall it's one of his better purchases , 80% of the stuff he buys
Most people would take it to be weighed in

Last edited: