High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Tornado cleanup - Dayton, OH - MS500i - MS462C (Gutted and Not)

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
4:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20 tornadoes went through Ohio on Memorial Day night, with most of those being in the Dayton area 25 miles north of my place. One of them was rated an EF4. I went up last Saturday and then again today to help with cleanup.

Today was a bit more relaxed, so I was able to get quite a lot of comparisons back and forth between the MS500i and the two MS462C that I have here. The one 462 has gutted stratos, the other does not. The 500i is the torquiest and has no trouble pulling a 36" B&C. The 462C have very similar power and have the edge in RPMs. One was wearing a 24" B&C and the other a 28". By the time I get towards the end of today's video, the chains are needing a little work. Take it for what it is, and enjoy the show.

Here's the work from last Saturday.

This is from last Saturday as well. Both chains needed a little work. Again, just take it for what it's worth.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I laughed when the neighbor popped in to get some celeb pics of Freddy.

J/k Brad, 500 looked good with the 36”

What....like you never jump up off the couch when some big burly oily beau HUNK of a man shows up on your lawn to flash some "awesome" around ? :)

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. I remember a couple years back s microburst caused a lot of damage in a small area in the City I worked in. I cut for 9 days straight taking 3 truck loads of wood out each day. I cut up most all the trees that the storm took down on 1 street. I worked it from beginning to end. Lol
No advertising, just being there. Right place, right time. Tree companies were giving crazy estimates and couldn't get there for 3 weeks.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just over at my Daughter's today in Putnam Lake … they got hit by the tornado last spring. I see the house 2 away from her still has several leaners, some look like Hickory, so my SIL is going to find out if we can cut and take it, my Daughter heats by wood.

Several houses in the neighborhood still have hung up leaners, but these are the closest to her. And we still have plenty of Hard Maple across to street to noodle and split!