Trader history (0)

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for a decent top handle for a backup. I've found that one ain't enough when doing a side job. No pro here, just climbing for friends family and neighbors. Hopefully I'll get some paying jobs one day...can't really afford/justify another new one.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well i know used is sounding good but if you do climb with your saw and work in a safe no. Distructive manner more ppl will approach you and ask for your skills.
Are you looking to take down trees or light duty trims and hanger removal jobs?

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah Mike, I'm as safe as I can be. I want to stay above ground for a long time, so that helps. I've been doing removals only, just getting started rope climbing so I can trim.

Here's how it usually goes: hey buddy I hear you're good with a saw and can climb trees. I got a couple dead limbs hanging over the house, can you take them down? Probably take you two minutes...five hours and seven trees later I'm done lol
I have a tough time taking money from friends and definitely not from family. Hell, when the chips are down, all you really have is your family, and if you're really lucky, a couple good friends.
I'm hoping that I can parlay those jobs into some decent paying gigs. Then I can hopefully upgrade equipment as funds allow. I'd love to start my own tree service, but that's a pipe dream right now.
Well i know used is sounding good but if you do climb with your saw and work in a safe no. Distructive manner more ppl will approach you and ask for your skills.
Are you looking to take down trees or light duty trims and hanger removal jobs?

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah Mike, I'm as safe as I can be. I want to stay above ground for a long time, so that helps. I've been doing removals only, just getting started rope climbing so I can trim.

Here's how it usually goes: hey buddy I hear you're good with a saw and can climb trees. I got a couple dead limbs hanging over the house, can you take them down? Probably take you two minutes...five hours and seven trees later I'm done lol
I have a tough time taking money from friends and definitely not from family. Hell, when the chips are down, all you really have is your family, and if you're really lucky, a couple good friends.
I'm hoping that I can parlay those jobs into some decent paying gigs. Then I can hopefully upgrade equipment as funds allow. I'd love to start my own tree service, but that's a pipe dream right now.
Yeah I been working on making a name for myself doing that too. Don't advertise on craigslist. Get on facebook and post on some local garage sale sites for tree trim, building clearance and taking down trespass and the responses will catch up with you. Don't be too easy on price but don't work for nothing. If you have ropes, saddle, saw then bid the jobs at about what you think is a 100 an hour cash or say 75 buck minimum charge and youl be able to invest in more stuff pretty quick. It's still cheep for the customer's who want the work done. Gotta figure man hours fuel oil and maintenance as your overhead cost. It will pull through. With my regular tree job and side jobs tomorrow will be a 12 day work week.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for a decent top handle for a backup. I've found that one ain't enough when doing a side job. No pro here, just climbing for friends family and neighbors. Hopefully I'll get some paying jobs one day...can't really afford/justify another new one.

Search Out @Jon1212.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You say you need a backup on the cheap. Would you be interested in a late model Mini Mac 160S? I am the second owner, rebuilt carb with new Walbro kit and fairly new Oregon 14" bar and chain. Starts and cuts great for a cheap saw.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
As a back up I'd really recommend a stihl 150t with the simple mods. Make climbing easier especially if you go solo on small jobs. I have a 360t pulls strong plenty of snort but the 150t with the small Lil 1/4 inch chain is a gem. It can make its money back on 2 jobs without leaving you feeling sore and beat like a good 35 cc will

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a T540XP in the for sale section.