High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Tool prices (Mac, Snap On) vs working functional tool(Craftsman)

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
6:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have quite a bit of Facom electrical stuff. The quality and ergo dynamics are incredible.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a mixed lot in my tool box. Craftsman, channel lock, Vice grip, Irwin. Probably just as many no name. I was just going to add to the my collection, some new angled thin needle nose specifically. Ill try and research the Knipex pliers and see what I can find.
I have some Klein wire stripping/crimping tools.
Does anyone else have a favorite go to Vice Grip when all else fails and you have given up hope of being fancy about getting that broken bolt or bar stud out?

Knipex.

2 Rings & A Flattop, LLC Test Dummy

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Knipex are expensive. Bout as good as it gets though. Irwin makes the best channel lock style pliers I've ever gotten my mitts on. Seriously check them out if you need channel lock style they are unbelievable.

3rd Choice.

2 Rings & A Flattop, LLC Test Dummy

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Quite a controversial opinion, but Snap-on is one brand that I utterly detest. There are tools out there if you're willing to do your homework that will be every bit as high quality as Snap-on, normally for 50-75% of the price.

In my humble opinion you're paying for the marketing hype, from way back when they genuinely were the best tool maker out there. Since those times however prices have been inflated dramatically and the quality of the competition has caught up and in some instances exceeded them, whilst they're still riding on the reputation they built in the good old days

DSS

widebody
Local time
7:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Old thread but a lot of people don't know that Mac makes almost nothing themselves. 95% of the stuff in the truck is somebody elses tool rebranded. And available somewhere else a lot cheaper.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old thread but a lot of people don't know that Mac makes almost nothing themselves. 95% of the stuff in the truck is somebody elses tool rebranded. And available somewhere else a lot cheaper.
I always liked the original kobalt hand tool line made by j.h. Williams some of the best and most comfortable hand tools i have but kobalt is all chinese copy's now of many of the original kobalt line or Williams is chinese now.

DSS

widebody
Local time
7:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I always liked the original kobalt hand tool line made by j.h. Williams some of the best and most comfortable hand tools i have but kobalt is all chinese copy's now of many of the original kobalt line or Williams is chinese now.
Williams is part of SnapOn now I believe, lot's of it on Amazon

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The kobalt wrenches /sockets /ratchets / n some others are still us. I have a ton of old kobalt. Real good stuff. Pliers and stuff are crap.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was a thread on as a year or so back listing who made what for who. Had it saved on my old phone. It was a cool thread