Today's steal ('er I mean DEAL) MS460 Magnum

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
9:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...picked her up for 220 bucks. Came with 25" and 28" Rollomatic bars, the 28" is like new. She's got some wear and tear, namely on the plastics, recoil cover is JB welded, but compression is perfect, saw starts right up and sounds nice and tight. All OEM too.

So now I'm on the hunt for a decent back handle/tank, wrap handle (half or 3/4), and a decent recoil cover that's not too beat-up...

I have a good top cover and filter cover, but he handle has been repaired.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...picked her up for 220 bucks. Came with 25" and 28" Rollomatic bars, the 28" is like new. She's got some wear and tear, namely on the plastics, recoil cover is JB welded, but compression is perfect, saw starts right up and sounds nice and tight. All OEM too.

So now I'm on the hunt for a decent back handle/tank, wrap handle (half or 3/4), and a decent recoil cover that's not too beat-up...

Should make a good saw for good money by the time your done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Should make a good saw for good money by the time your done.

Well it's going to get the treatment. Probably just do a gasket-match port job, DP muffler with a deleted baffle, and hopefully a base gasket delete. Gotta wait for a few weeks to tear into it. Too close to Christmas right now....lol

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics of the break to the tank handle? They, and the recoils, are available AM, the OEM parts can be transferred.
I have all aftermarket plastics and handle on a MS650. I have been more than happy with them. They do flex more than OE. But have held up well. I now have a small crack on the air filter cover from something? They have been on there about 3 years at this point. I just cut firewood for myself and sometimes hold others cut, not like I do removals and run a side business like you do so not sure how long they would last with your usage (when I say this I mean Scotty not you Mike)?

J_M____

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 460 covers I just got from huztl had actual farmertec logos on the inside and were much better quality than the last set I ordered that did not have logos on them. Recoils seem to be ok especially if you transfer the oem stihl parts into them. Handle/tanks aren’t bad either.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics of the break to the tank handle? They, and the recoils, are available AM, the OEM parts can be transferred.
I meant to get pics of that, I'm in the house for the evening. I'll try to remember tomorrow evening. The guy actually did a decent repair, it's broken right behind the front buffers, he rigged it back together and it works, but the saw won't sit right...it flops all over the place....

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

$220 for a running 460 with a bunch of bars? Hell of a good buy...you Sir, SUCK

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The AM metal starters work damn well if you replace the guts inside. They are around $25 shipped from “customchainsawparts” on eBay. The metal is clean and perfect, and they’ve already added the Stihl badge to the sides.

Good recommendation.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The AM metal starters work damn well if you replace the guts inside. They are around $25 shipped from “customchainsawparts” on eBay. The metal is clean and perfect, and they’ve already added the Stihl badge to the sides.
I saw them on ebay, that's probably the route I'll take....thanks brother.