High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Todays handy tip

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
dont get a copper splinter, it hurts inexplicably forever, like a deep aching in the joints
tiny copper wires are the worst but even a larger copper splinter is bad news
Zink from a bolt from line hardware leaves a nugget also, was a line man and have had a few slivers from the galvanized bolts the slivers, leaves a lump forever.
BBB

Last edited:

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
dont get a copper splinter, it hurts inexplicably forever, like a deep aching in the joints

Oh yeah,got one of those from low impedance signal wire once. Ouch,for a while ouch.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The most annoying pain I have had is from a piece of fiber optic glass after Ive cleaved the end. The problem is you cant see that crap after it finds its way under your skin.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The most annoying pain I have had is from a piece of fiber optic glass after Ive cleaved the end. The problem is you cant see that crap after it finds its way under your skin.
That sounds friggin awful, is it flexible like wire or hard like glass?
Never played with any fiber optic glass. I have digital optical cables on some audio equipment but other than the ends it looks much like a regular AV cable, completely flexible unless you kink it.
Dave

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sounds friggin awful, is it flexible like wire or hard like glass?
Never played with any fiber optic glass. I have digital optical cables on some audio equipment but other than the ends it looks much like a regular AV cable, completely flexible unless you kink it.
Dave

Individual fibers are remarkably flexible considering they are a glass product. They will break if you bend them to far. Most single mode and multimode fiber has a cladding diameter of 125 microns which is .00492"

When I first started splicing we were doing individual fibers. Now the fibers are bound together in 12 groups which are ribbons. The new fusion machines splice all 12 at one time and measure the loss across the splice.

I will get some pics.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Individual fibers are remarkably flexible considering they are a glass product. They will break if you bend them to far. Most single mode and multimode fiber has a cladding diameter of 125 microns which is .00492"

When I first started splicing we were doing individual fibers. Now the fibers are bound together in 12 groups which are ribbons. The new fusion machines splice all 12 at one time and measure the loss across the splice.

I will get some pics.
I placed many many miles of fiber ,, self support and lashed, up to 864 fiber cable. Airial an underground.
BBB

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I placed many many miles of fiber ,, self support and lashed, up to 864 fiber cable. Airial an underground.
BBB
864 is a big one Bob. Lately most of the interoffice fiber cables are placed using a self supported interduct and the fiber is blown through the duct using a portable compressor. No more figure 8's laying out.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This may have been covered but just in case....Nettle stings ?? you rub a doc leaf on it to stop the sting right ? WRONG....you mash the leaf up a bit so you can squeeze the juice over the stung site and then dab it about to spread. Why?...well .....you rub the stung area to much with a doc leaf and you drive the little needles with the venom further in and make the sting feel worse before the doc juice works. Try it next time you get nettle stung.
: edit. Dock..not Doc

Last edited:

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This may have been covered but just in case....Nettle stings ?? you rub a doc leaf on it to stop the sting right ? WRONG....you mash the leaf up a bit so you can squeeze the juice over the stung site and then dab it about to spread. Why?...well .....you rub the stung area to much with a doc leaf and you drive the little needles with the venom further in and make the sting feel worse before the doc juice works. Try it next time you get nettle stung.

What is this "doc" leaf you speak of???
Do we have them across the pond??
BBB

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What is this "doc" leaf you speak of???
Do we have them across the pond??
BBB
Broad leaf "Dock" ...sorry about the spelling mistake . I guess you may have them...stinging nettle and docks are often found near each other in fields and scrub. A pic for you of both and a closer one of the Dock.
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 20.15.46.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 20.16.41.png

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Broad leaf "Dock" ...sorry about the spelling mistake . I guess you may have them...stinging nettle and docks are often found near each other in fields and scrub. A pic for you of both and a closer one of the Dock.
View attachment 37514

View attachment 37515
Looks like what I call "sourdock". That's what my grandpappy called it anyway.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you can take the emulsion tune out of a two piece briggs carb and make a small single d carb tool out of it have to sand the tips a little. one little tap with a small punch on one side an have a small single d carb tool. i made a link on here cant find it

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 37514

View attachment 37515

Here I think its immature shattercane you can crush the stock an d use the juice to neutralize nettle stings.