Todays handy tip

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
4:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To measure the cyl. bore of a saw without pulling the cyl. off, take the muffler off & bring the piston down till it still up in the bottom of the ex. port, stick the tail end of a caliper against the piston and push the jaws open till the pin hits the back of the cyl., read the dial.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I use one of these for my wood bin, holds quite a bit, it will slide across the snow pretty good to.
Mine has larger wheels, this image is from the net.
BBB
images.jpg

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
5:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your stuck in mud or what ever and only one tire is spinning put e brake on to slow spining tire down and make othr one spin. ( for rear wheal drive. 2x4)

This worked on the boat ramp a few times getting boat out.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need a gasket scraper that wont gouge make one out of a copper pipe. Sharpens easy with a file.
View attachment 35263
Years ago used to have a brass scraper :( till it grew legs walked away. Making one of these made it all better :)
Can use copper pipe to make a terminal lug for heavy gauge wire. Flatten end of pipe, drill correct size hole. Use a flat drift to crimp down along the lenght of the round then solder in place.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can use copper pipe to make a terminal lug for heavy gauge wire. Flatten end of pipe, drill correct size hole. Use a flat drift to crimp down along the lenght of the round then solder in place.
I did this same thing on a golf cart for all the batteries after finding out what they charge for them.I ran the wire to the end before flattening it out then drilled hole but didn't solder it.