JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my buddy had me look at his 10 yr old MS390. Said it wouldnt start anymore after about 3/4 tank of fuel. Uses it about 2 times a year. Pretty nice shape beside being dirty. Pulled the muffler and its scored. 95psi.
Im trying to talk him in to an Echo cs-590. Thinking of trying to sell this for him to raise a lil funds for a new saw. My question is what does a scored ms390 bring these days? I dont know stihls very well and tryin to help a friend out. Thanks in advance for imput! Heres some pics. And thats original bar. He has a case for it too.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgIMG_6524.JPGIMG_6525.JPG

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a MS390 a few yrs back.
Good strong saw and had it muffler modded and it was more than formidable.
With a toasted top or bottom end...I wouldn't be more than $50-60 bucks and that's with rest of the saw checking out decent.
Piston & Cylinder kits (Aftermarket) run the gamut from $40 - 120.
Not for sure how much labor is involved...perhaps case splitting?
I paid $220 from a Pawn Shop in Biloxi... and sold it for $325 about 2 yrs later.
So I guess if you have the expertise to rebuild it and be under $200...you could always flip it and get your money back and pickup a little extra...

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a MS390 a few yrs back.
Good strong saw and had it muffler modded and it was more than formidable.
With a toasted top or bottom end...I wouldn't be more than $50-60 bucks and that's with rest of the saw checking out decent.
Piston & Cylinder kits (Aftermarket) run the gamut from $40 - 120.
Not for sure how much labor is involved...perhaps case splitting?
I paid $220 from a Pawn Shop in Biloxi... and sold it for $325 about 2 yrs later.
So I guess if you have the expertise to rebuild it and be under $200...you could always flip it and get your money back and pickup a little extra...
Wow i did t know a used one would go for $325. It is a clammy so technically no case to split but ya u have to pop it apart. Now id assume it needs a piston and prob seals at the least. Guessing it leaned out from old seals. Cylinder might clean up and be minimal damage. Who knows. So i might be worth puttin a lil jingle in to it to sell it or keep it. It is a 64cc saw so i assume it has a lil snot. Well that's reassuring knowing it has some value. But that means i have to fix it for him then:eek: thank u for that info!