To Replace or Not To Replace That Is The Question

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 660 today and will have to replace the tank as this one was leaking. Cleaned the case up and checked compression and it read 155 psi. Did a pressure/vacum test and it passed ! Would you go ahead and replace bearings/seals while down or run it ?

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guess that depends on how much you are going to use it. I feel it were mine and I was going to keep and run it then I would go threw it. Also hard to tell how much time is on it. Some are easy to tell that they have a bunch of hours and some not so much.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if you dont intend to use it “full time” or “ for work” then id leave well enough alone. Maybe check condition of rings if anything.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few years ago I bought a 394 in a box. Bearings felt tight to me, so I just did seals. Been using it for years, milled a ton & just had it ported. They still feel mint. Some guys have the means to simply replace stuff just because. I’m not one of those guys.

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I felt a little movement on clutch side . I went on and split the cases. Bearings felt a little strange. Ordered complete bottom end. P/C are in excellent shape. This makes up for all the crappy saws I have bought in times past.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I felt a little movement on clutch side . I went on and split the cases. Bearings felt a little strange. Ordered complete bottom end. P/C are in excellent shape. This makes up for all the crappy saws I have bought in times past.

If something doesn't feel right it's probably/usually not, best to throw them out if in doubt.