High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

TJ rebuilds an MS441 Magnum.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
6:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi guys, purchased this straight gassed 441 for $125 and with my company discounts, and thanks to a couple members here, will have a rebuilt and tuned up saw for under $500.

So what we have, complete saw missing a few odds and ends.
Parts ordered:
Good used OEM jug from jmssaws.
Piston kit
Gasket set
handle
carb kit
filter
plug
rim sprocket
chip guard
And probably some other stuff I don't remember.....Oh yeah, Spikes that are Here from Ri Chevy. Thanks!

Anyhow, planning on a stock rebuild....may do a base gasket delete....with a max flow and custom dual port. Saw will be fitted with a 32 inch light bar and still deciding weather I want full skip or full comp.

Anyhow, some pics to set things off. Will be doing some video's on my youtube channel for those of you who like to watch vids. Piston and cylinder are at the shop....forgot to bring them home. Will tomorrow.

019.JPG 020.JPG 022.JPG

mtnwkr

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just hope that Mtronic on mine works when I get it all back together! I'd feel more confident if it were carbed. Parts do seem cheap enough though, but how do you troubleshoot that stuff!

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just hope that Mtronic on mine works when I get it all back together! I'd feel more confident if it were carbed. Parts do seem cheap enough though, but how do you troubleshoot that stuff!
There's a special computer stihl has for trouble shooting the m-tronics system. Weather it works as good as they say or not I have no idea. lol

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a special computer stihl has for trouble shooting the m-tronics system. Weather it works as good as they say or not I have no idea. lol
I took a low hour 661 (turned out to be only 6 hours). I got to watch the tech do the diagnostic on his computer. Even showed 105 starts. He then ran it about a minute reseting it to factory specs. Didn't think to ask for a printout. Josh @unionvillecountryboy has it now unless I can buy it back.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

unionvillecountryboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a low hour 661 (turned out to be only 6 hours). I got to watch the tech do the diagnostic on his computer. Even showed 105 starts. He then ran it about a minute reseting it to factory specs. Didn't think to ask for a printout. Josh @unionvillecountryboy has it now unless I can buy it back.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I like it too much, just sold the 2188

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
TJ, looking at your lineup, and knowing the displacement and spring AV on the 441, I'd suggest a smaller bar. I know you guys out West like those long bars, but already having 2 saws with 32"+ bars, I think you'll really like that saw with something like a 20" bar. A 70cc saw and a 20" bar is a really nice combo for bucking rounds. You'd save some big bucks too. Just thinking out loud here.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
TJ, looking at your lineup, and knowing the displacement and spring AV on the 441, I'd suggest a smaller bar. I know you guys out West like those long bars, but already having 2 saws with 32"+ bars, I think you'll really like that saw with something like a 20" bar. A 70cc saw and a 20" bar is a really nice combo for bucking rounds. You'd save some big bucks too. Just thinking out loud here.
Thanks for the feed back, Actually my 460 has a 36 and the other 460 has a 32. I agree, the shorter bars are super nice for bucking. haha FWIW I think we sold them from the shop with 28's. Was considering that to. I already have two saws with 20 inch bars to, though the extra power would be sweet.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the feed back, Actually my 460 has a 36 and the other 460 has a 32. I agree, the shorter bars are super nice for bucking. haha FWIW I think we sold them from the shop with 28's. Was considering that to. I already have two saws with 20 inch bars to, though the extra power would be sweet.
Won't those bars interchange? I'm not a stihl guy. Put on it whatever you want if you can swap around I have a 272 20 inch is fast but also I keep a 32 for the larger falling situation

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Won't those bars interchange? I'm not a stihl guy. Put on it whatever you want if you can swap around I have a 272 20 inch is fast but also I keep a 32 for the larger falling situation
Didn't think of that, my farm boss bar should swap right in. The 441 will be a felling saw and bucking larger wood so that's why I went right with 32 inch light.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A 20" 3/8 bar on a 290 is workable, but if I were you I'd throw the 20" on the 441, leave the big bars on the 460s, and put the 290 on the shelf. Either that or get a 16" or 18" bar for it. Again, just thinking out loud here.