High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Thrown chain drive link cleanup

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hahaha, safety *s-wordt,. I hate throwing chains, really one thing I hate have happening.

Usually my fault doing a upward dinky stick/ branch cut.

Great thread!!!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
8:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the bench grinder and use the side of the stone like Redfin said. If you have this setup here's a good way to do it.
Note that I only thinned two drive links from 058 to 050. I would not recommend this for lots of them. For simply removing several burrs, MOS066 has a great tip, and I have used that also for burr removal.

MOS066 holds his angle grinder all the way up and firm. Good idea. I do the same but differently -- with a stick wedge that won't slip out and set the grinder at no slant.

JMoney

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have flat filed them in the past until a friend who is a climber showed me redneck method 1. Just tighten the chain up so the messed up links all sit on top or bottom of the bar and the chain turns free. Then I dump a capful of bar oil on the messed up links, fire it up and give it some gas. When the chain becomes loose, stop the saw and repeat until all the links ride properly.

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have flat filed them in the past until a friend who is a climber showed me redneck method 1. Just tighten the chain up so the messed up links all sit on top or bottom of the bar and the chain turns free. Then I dump a capful of bar oil on the messed up links, fire it up and give it some gas. When the chain becomes loose, stop the saw and repeat until all the links ride properly.
Having just read this the other day I used redneck method#1 Monday night. Brand New chain not even sharpened yet. .. Worked like a charm. Thanks guys

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe just a few on a derail .A lot either cut it down or hang it on a nail for repair parts for others .Over the last few years I've amassed a few that need some attention ,on the nail right where I hung them .I'll get motivated some time .