High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Throwback Thursday Echo PB440E

sweetjetskier

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Since its throwback Thursday, I figured I would go back maybe 30 years and ask who has ever heard of or even owned an Echo PB400E back pack blower?

I owned a couple back when, heavy as all getup being mostly metal frame, for the era it was powerful and a big air filter. The weakest point was the white metal that held the throttle and kill switch. Very easy to break off, used to keep extras on the shelf.

My biggest memory of them, old school 2 cycle engine and that distinctive smell of exhaust while running it full throttle.

12152352_3.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, look at the velocity stack on that thing. You need to put a Rat Fink decal on it!

My first paid job was groundskeeping on a golf course. We had a Shindaiwa similar to that one, heavy as heck and all metal with the throttle on a little stub on the left side. The blower housing had a big hole in it and would eat your t-shirt if you weren't careful.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since its throwback Thursday, I figured I would go back maybe 30 years and ask who has ever heard of or even owned an Echo PB400E back pack blower?

I owned a couple back when, heavy as all getup being mostly metal frame, for the era it was powerful and a big air filter. The weakest point was the white metal that held the throttle and kill switch. Very easy to break off, used to keep extras on the shelf.

My biggest memory of them, old school 2 cycle engine and that distinctive smell of exhaust while running it full throttle.

12152352_3.jpg
Hey I still have one of those!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sweetjetskier

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey I still have one of those!

Wow!, I was not expecting many people to know of this blower, never mind still have one, lol.

Since I posted this morning I remembered how the blower sat high on my back, uncomfortable, nothing like the blowers of today with the longer frames and improved ergonomics.

Also they were thirsty blowers, fueled them up often.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those things were tanks. I have one half that size and it's handheld baby sister on the shelf. Mostly mag mang.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is slated for a minor over haul and back in service in the up coming weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk