High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Three 660 test saws one year later....all have been used as shown...

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Three 660 test saw builds, all slightly different.

ALL Three have that OEM Choke & Trigger, Husqvarna Decomp, Hyway Handle bar, OEM Bar Studs & Nuts. And they all have tweaked carbs.
#1 was closest to as they come in the Box, #3 has Hyway Popup, Muffler, Different crank shaft, and tweaked carb.

#3 has lasted a year with no issues I know of. The others stopped and you see why in the video's. Not sure when, all had plenty of time as the sprockets were shot. And I've replaced them during the year.

But here is what they look and run like one year into testing. NO major parts have failed since last fall when a bad cylinder ate up two of them.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job with the video.
What chain was used on those China 660s?
Full chisel or semi chisel? 3/8 or .404?

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I realize that this is a thread that is a little older now but I just stumbled across it lol but I have to say that these kit saw's still saprise me on how they run if you build them right I believe that they will last forever I've built quite a few of the 660s and I wouldn't be afraid to go to work with either of them I've only built three of the 440s but I feel the same about them to I believe if you take your time and and even put some oem parts in them that make sense that you will have a great saw but that's how I feel I realize that not everyone will agree with me but that's OK it's not like I have to sleep with them. Lol. Love the videos keep them coming and thank you :beer-toast1:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil ratio did you use? So going a bit too lean wore out the 2 saws?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil ratio did you use? So going a bit too lean wore out the 2 saws?
Guess I don't understand the question...he uses 40:1 Husqvarna XP Semi Synthetics oil. I use 32:1. What saws wore out again? The 660's are all just fine, still out there doing their thing.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought two had bad cylinders, and something about stopping and why in the video. So I figured when you tuned them leaner in the video 2 saws stopped working and had bad cylinders. Maybe I've just got a good imagination.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those three saws are all doing fine, no bad cylinders on those saws right now. Actually all those saws have far exceeded what I had expected and predicted, after the tweaks have turned into very stable saws. The only bad cylinder I had, and what I think you picked up on was another brands 660 cylinder I had tried because of a lot of hype that had bore alignment issues and took out rod bearings on the two bottom ends that particular top end sat on. Probably a statistical anomaly but sure made an impact of me and my folks! NEVER going there again, even though intellectually I understand it was a fluke. The only reason the saws in this video or the ones in the testing programs I have set up stop working is either this fellow rather use his 372xpw build or his tweaked by me 385 build..:) OR he doesn't have any saw work to do. The other guys that are testing saws built the same time for me use mix of Husqvarna 576's and Stihl 461's as their primary saws. They collectively have accumulated a lot of time so far on these clones and my guess will run the rest of this year before being retired in favor of 572's and some really tweaked 372xpw's I'm building 4 them as an alternative.. While this fellow will probably go all OEM Husqvarna within a year, the others will get these three saws and will throw them into their crews until they are no longer usable...a tough fate ahead for these three..:) I guess while one test crew one will have their 461's and a 441 tweaked by me after the clones die, Matt will move to lighter weight Husqvarna saws over time. Hence the 372xpw program. Who knows, maybe a 52mm 372 clone may enter into the fray.

Last edited: