Thoughts?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two of three relatively new saws, bought a about a year ago same outfit uses them. :)
The two on the left came from those saws, the one on the right a "control" from another used saw not from either the same years or the same logger. Both "blue" rod bearings are completely trashed and pieces rattled around the top ends and took them too....total wrecks.....will put a dead saw(s) salvage effort to get them going from the junk pile

rainbow.jpg

Last edited:

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What saws are these out of

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow that is a pretty blue color. Sad on such a new say tho

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But math is hard!

When i saw what math is used for in the real world i went to work and absorbed a little.
I learned how to use math from a couple of long haired machinists in the 70s.
One was my lifelong fishing buddy.
Now if i have a tap/drill chart, a few mikes and some soapstone for figguring on the concrete floor i can turn a shaft to the intended size and finish the first try!

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a crank from a 125B blower.. mix was leaned out with straight gas... half a tank of mix and half a tank of straight. Piston and cylinder were fine, big end looked like that but it welded solid and hasn't moved yet. Piston and ring are still running to this day.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a crank from a 125B blower.. mix was leaned out with straight gas... half a tank of mix and half a tank of straight. Piston and cylinder were fine, big end looked like that but it welded solid and hasn't moved yet. Piston and ring are still running to this day.

Thats my guess. They run 50:1 And four saws came in simultaneously... Two survived. Guessing they topped them off but it had mix still.....I'm still waiting on the others....my bet is they will all trickle in this next couple of weeks.. The top ends were "scratched" but the terminal damage was from parts banging around up stairs and then when the bearings finally lunched..the pistons smacked the squish band.....LOL I can't imagine what that sounded like! Or which was louder, the saw or the crew leader!