High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Thinking of selling my 064

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So I bought my 064 about 2 years back, most of the PTO side was missing on purchase, and basically had an undiagnosed running problem - i.e. it would start, but you couldn't actually run or idle it etc.

I replaced all missing parts, cleaned and checked out everything, and figured it was a blown base causing a massive air leak hence the problem. The original jug and slug are clean, as are seals and the bearings.

Thing is, now I've got my 044/460 hybrid finished and running, I doubt I'll get much opportunity to actually run the 064, which is a shame, and seeing as I'm an office worker who collects saws, mainly to process our own firewood and prune the odd tree, I'm sure that I'm gonna be able to do almost anything that the 064 could do with the hybrid. (Plus the space and money freed by the 064 sale may assist the starting of a new 044 project...... :)).

So what do you fellas think? Should I sell? And what's a reasonable price to expect to sell it for? Here's a couple pics...

2017-11-26 14.46.11.jpg

2017-11-26 14.46.43.jpg
2017-11-26 14.47.26.jpg
Other details, has good compression (160-165), starts, idles, runs, oils real well just as you'd want it to. So what is it worth?

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Why. Not keep both? Ported, both are runners. But I would take a 64 over a hybrid.

I'm waiting on the price tag. What cylinder is in it?
I dunno really. Mainly cos what with my day job, and the fact we don't get wood much bigger than 30" to process for our logs, I just see less and less opportunity for it to work.

It would be good as a keeper, since on the right wood, it is fantastic to use. Last really good time to use was back in January help a neighbour demolish some birch, probably 24-28" thick. And yeah it kicked butt.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I agree with @Time's Standing Stihl and @blsnelling id keep it and the clear tank means its most likely a latwr model saw wich also means it most likely has the best ignition system of sev.they did on theses saws.im an a.c. tech by trade and dont even heat with wood but id never part with my 064 in facct im building a second one and gonna do 064 066 hybrid with it.imo the 064 and 044 are the 2 best saws stihl ever made why not keep both? If you sell it you will regret it.just as you stated you used it to help a neighbor with a big job.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
All factory 64 cylinders were Non-decomp.

It's a nice saw, I'd either keep it or sell it to me [emoji6]
Ive never seen a mahle 064 cylinder either.not saying there isnt.just saying everyone ive ever seen were ks non decomp.