Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a pretty clean 70e that I’ve been fooling around with for a while. Plastic fan grenaded...ended up purchasing one of the 3D printed ones. Needed a coil as the grenading fan wrecked the coil wire. This saw has coil mounted in the starter cover. Finally found a coil/starter...I now have spark—well intermittently. Lol. Coil wire is so stiff that when I have it sitting out with the plug grounded to check for spark, I seem to get decent spark. When I screw it in...I lose spark because the coil wire loses contact :/. Have yet to hear this saw fire. Pure frustration. Lol

Well, I think I messed up good..lol. Went to the dump last weekend and threw a bunch of stuff away. I think I threw away my top cover/air filter for my 70e. Can’t find it now :/...
D4C9D82B-F738-4F26-89FD-FFFBBEF25A85.jpeg

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got this little thing. Think it is a tanaka 3301 or a dolmar 3300. But either way this one is a Jonny Red 2033. It runs quite nicely. But has a full time oiler like the old Husqvarna 254 of mine. A brass worm on the crankshaft. That’s the only downside so far.. IMG_1805.JPG

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is my listing. Lol

I have the complete top, cylinder/air filter cover/hand guard, air filter. This is an extra one I had in extra parts I have. I might have the stuff I need on hand, to put another set together.

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
10:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is my listing. Lol

I have the complete top, cylinder/air filter cover/hand guard, air filter. This is an extra one I had in extra parts I have. I might have the stuff I need on hand, to put another set together.

LOL. I didn’t look down that far. Should’ve figured. You got the market on all covered.

Erik

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still running your old 226o and it is my go to saw for sure. Had the stumble issue with the original carb but got that fixed/updated and no issues since. Couple minor changes I made, swapped out the modded muffler for unmodded OEM (haven't noticed any real world difference and my ears thank me), and put the OE half wrap back on so I can trim stumps a little easier. Usually run with a 20" light and tough Tsumura but it can handle the GB 24" very well also. Great saw!

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is an awesome collection.
Can you post a few more pics of the wooden box?

I have three of the crates. What's cool is that they came with a stapled piece of paper on the side that had the serial number stamped to it. Looks like the selling dealer also had their information stamped on another card. And what's even cooler is that around 70 years later, mine still have both tags intact!

As for what models came crated, I know they used crates for the XA and XB. Not sure if they used them for the XD as well. On the three that I have, one is marked "XA" another "XB" and the other unmarked. You can the model designation in black paint on the front bottom of the crate.

Scott

IMG_1107.jpg IMG_1109.jpg IMG_1110.jpg IMG_0873.JPG

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have three of the crates. What's cool is that they came with a stapled piece of paper on the side that had the serial number stamped to it. Looks like the selling dealer also had their information stamped on another card. And what's even cooler is that around 70 years later, mine still have both tags intact!

As for what models came crated, I know they used crates for the XA and XB. Not sure if they used them for the XD as well. On the three that I have, one is marked "XA" another "XB" and the other unmarked. You can the model designation in black paint on the front bottom of the crate.

Scott

View attachment 103862 View attachment 103863 View attachment 103864 View attachment 103866
That is awesome stuff right there!

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag