thedudes disorder

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The poses are not very provacative....but you get the idea.20170604_231536.jpg 20170604_231617.jpg20170604_231256.jpg Husky 285cd Mild ex port, polish, cyl base gasket delete. New bearings, seals, gaskets, piston, new oem cyl, carb kit, fuel line, filter etc. Still on first tank of mix.

2-Makita 6401 both stock for now... debating on big bore vs oem 7900 p&c.

Echo cs590 no lim caps, muf modded 1st day of purchase. A buckin beast with 16" b&c.

Stihl 039 muf mod, 28" es.

Ryobi 4618 $45 ebay special, gutted muffler, heavily ported. Hardly idles screams like a mofo!

Homelite 2.3(was my dads) Dissasembled last night, mild ex port, cleaning carbon out, replacing fuel lines, filter, primer bulb etc.

Poulan 4620Avx(silly tooless knob thingy) $50 ebay special. In pieces. Used for 4-5 years, fuel filter fell off, ran lean seized,
piston wasted. Not sure wether to fix or part out.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, Djunkie....Thats just great....glad I didnt post the photo with its top off the and bottem end all lubed up!!

Why would you go oem top vs am bbk? Just curious. Quality?hp? new sexy black hood included?

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The poses are not very provacative....but you get the idea.View attachment 72956 View attachment 72957View attachment 72958 Husky 285cd Mild ex port, polish, cyl base gasket delete. New bearings, seals, gaskets, piston, new oem cyl, carb kit, fuel line, filter etc. Still on first tank of mix.

Echo cs590 no lim caps, muf modded 1st day of purchase. A buckin beast with 16" b&c.

Ryobi 4618 $45 ebay special, gutted muffler, heavily ported. Hardly idles screams like a mofo!

Homelite 2.3(was my dads) Dissasembled last night, mild ex port, cleaning carbon out, replacing fuel lines, filter, primer bulb etc.

Poulan 4620Avx(silly tooless knob thingy) $50 ebay special. In pieces. Used for 4-5 years, fuel filter fell off, ran lean seized,
The 4620 poulan will be hard to get parts for now but if you did revive it the husky 136 chain cover will fit and keep the bar on the saw

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, Djunkie....Thats just great....glad I didnt post the photo with its top off the and bottem end all lubed up!!

Why would you go oem top vs am bbk? Just curious. Quality?hp? new sexy black hood included?
Besides the aforementioned inclusion of the sexy black top,
I would have to say OEM quality and the couple stock big bore 54mm units I have ran didn't seem to be as well mannered or as powerful as OEM 52mm, not to say that some aren't but.
I don't have any personal experience with ported BB setups but seems to be the general consensus is that plating could be an issue with the aftermarket cyls. And I believe that any gains achieved by the extra 2mm could easily be surpassed by anyone of the grinders in this neck of the woods,probably significantly surpassed,. Matt.... but trust me I am the last one you should get mechanical advice from! I am the guy from the torture test department....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The poses are not very provacative....but you get the idea.View attachment 72956 View attachment 72957View attachment 72958 Husky 285cd Mild ex port, polish, cyl base gasket delete. New bearings, seals, gaskets, piston, new oem cyl, carb kit, fuel line, filter etc. Still on first tank of mix.

Nice set up there sir and I ya get that poulan going I would make it a one nutter. I did that to my 3516avx.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice set up there sir and I ya get that poulan going I would make it a one nutter. I did that to my 3516avx.

Thanks Dub. One nutter? Tear out the plastic knob and keep the single nut? Sir? Great! Your politeness is appreciated....even if it makes me sound old...Your one of the good ones Dub.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Besides the aforementioned inclusion of the sexy black top,
I would have to say OEM quality and the couple stock big bore 54mm units I have ran didn't seem to be as well mannered or as powerful as OEM 52mm, not to say that some aren't but.
I don't have any personal experience with ported BB setups but seems to be the general consensus is that plating could be an issue with the aftermarket cyls. And I believe that any gains achieved by the extra 2mm could easily be surpassed by anyone of the grinders in this neck of the woods,probably significantly surpassed,. Matt.... but trust me I am the last one you should get mechanical advice from! I am the guy from the torture test department....

Good to know. Ive read that before, porters not wanting to port the am cyl. due to flaking. Sounds like the am cyl are hit and miss on quality and performance. Ill take your advice when its time and go oem 52mm. Wonder how it would do against my 285?

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dude OEM then get that *frencher ported
I LOVE THIS SAW
I painted the cover black krylon fusion
That things a beast! We dont need no stinking splitters!;) Have had good results with krylon fusion on plastic. Thats one sexy Dolkita PMP.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For years the poulan was my only saw. Cut quite a few cords of mesquite with it. If a cheap used piston shows up will probably fix it.
Bet you can find a whole saw cheep they are a nikasil cylinder so if treated right they will last years. IL keep my eyes peeled. I did have a ring from my old saw if you can find a Slug or clean up what you got